Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Need to kown if diesel engine oil is safe in my d16 turbo engine because this oil resists high temperatures??

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,065 Posts
I've used Rotella in mine from the onset. Normally run Rotella 10w30, have occasionally run 20w50, but its a little thick for a 4 cylinder. What were you thinking about running?

Reactions: drtalon123

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Literally ANY type of oil that properly meets the current standards and regulations is a perfectly fine oil to use. The important thing is A) to change it often, B)stick to the same brand and type of oil and stick with it and C) always do your best to allow the oil to reach its proper operating temperature, aka, dont just drive 3 miles down the road and only once in awhile take it out for a long drive.

There is no need for anything fancy, or any actual brand name. You can buy amazon basics 5w30, and even have it set to a quarterly delivery at a reduced price.

Rotella is pretty awesome oil, it has a lot of additives to help maintain oil performance, and many people who use it long term swear by it, though for various reasons.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts