Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Looks like a 60-1 hi fi but the bolt clamps on the back look wrong. Looks like t3 60 trim. Measure the inducer and exducer on the compresdor and let us know.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I had same prob there's a thread on turbonetics forum of how to identify your turbo using measurements of the wheels.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Ooooooh blue back = old as shit
You can't rebuild it, so when it goes it goes. You'd better off selling itand getting something more modern.

A newer turbo will be more reliable and perform better. Id rather have a chinese turbo than that old shitter.

·
Registered
764 Posts
You can't rebuild it, so when it goes it goes. You'd better off selling itand getting something more modern.

A newer turbo will be more reliable and perform better. Id rather have a chinese turbo than that old shitter.
WTF are you smoking? Sometimes I wish people would actually KNOW what the fu$k they are talking about before spouting off a crock of complete $h!t. Since when could you not rebuild a blue back Turbonetics??? Thats real news to me considering I have done about 20 of them.

Go ahead and rock you an eGay. I am sure that after about 10 of them he will still be on the same "old as shit" turbo living it up and thanking God he did not listen to you.

FYI 90% of the turbos on the market today are just refreshs of turbos that have been on the market for 20+ years.

Just out of curiousity how many turbos have you rebuilt in your life time?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
WTF are you smoking? Sometimes I wish people would actually KNOW what the fu$k they are talking about before spouting off a crock of complete $h!t. Since when could you not rebuild a blue back Turbonetics??? Thats real news to me considering I have done about 20 of them.

Go ahead and rock you an eGay. I am sure that after about 10 of them he will still be on the same "old as shit" turbo living it up and thanking God he did not listen to you.

FYI 90% of the turbos on the market today are just refreshs of turbos that have been on the market for 20+ years.

From what I understand the Blue backed turbonetics are an older design that they havent made housing for in a very long time. I was under the impression that the parts needed to rebuild them were also no longer available.
This is the information I found on the turbonetics forum about a year ago when I had the misfortune of finding an old POS turbonetics.
I went on to find lots of examples of how poor the performance of those old turbos are compared to modern turbos.
So no, Im not speaking directly from experience, but Im certainly not talking out of my ass like youre implying.

That being said, You are an asshole. I dont give a shit how many turbos you've worked on there is no reason to act like a prick.
Go fuck yourself.

·
凸(◕_◕)凸
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

so you say its a piece of shit?

so you say its not a piece of shit?

super 60 with a stg 2 wheel. (atleast my buddy told me i had a stg2 wheel when i had one with the blue plate)
is that a peice of shit? lol

From what I understand the Blue backed turbonetics are an older design that they havent made housing for in a very long time. I was under the impression that the parts needed to rebuild them were also no longer available.
This is the information I found on the turbonetics forum about a year ago when I had the misfortune of finding an old POS turbonetics.
I went on to find lots of examples of how poor the performance of those old turbos are compared to modern turbos.
So no, Im not speaking directly from experience, but Im certainly not talking out of my ass like youre implying.

That being said, You are an asshole. I dont give a shit how many turbos you've worked on there is no reason to act like a prick.
Go fuck yourself.
d a m n dude lmao

would you seriously rock a shitbay turbo before this one? :wheelchair:

·
凸(◕_◕)凸
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
super 60 with a stg 2 wheel. (atleast my buddy told me i had a stg2 wheel when i had one with the blue plate)
also, what kind of performance did you get out of your super 60??

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I have and I will.

I had a small shaft turbonetics that I sold, and then I bought a chinese "garrett 2854", which was a fabulous turbo. Even after parting out and selling my car I kept that turbo so that I'll can use it on another project.
I have dyno proof and testimonial that it performs within a hair of as well as the journal bearing garrett it copied, most importantly in how well it spools.

At the time that I made this decision I did some research and found 3 things:
1) They no longer makes parts for those turbos (CHRA, Housing, wheels)
2) The modern turbonetics turbos are "big shaft", all the turbonetics rebuild kits I could find were for "big shaft" turbos, no "small shaft", and with what I was reading on the forums, I didnt think I could even rebuild it.
3) They dont perform well compared to modern turbos with modern housings and wheels.

Mr. mhamrick very elegantly informed me that they can in fact be rebuilt. My bad, I guess I was mistaken.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Here, I think I may have found the information that I found way back when.
How to identify/measure your Turbonetics unit - Page 2 - Turbonetics Owners Club & Forum

Basically, a guy asks about indentifying his turbo on the official Turbonetics forum.
He gets a reply asking what color the back plate is, he replies that it is blue, to which they give the reply:
"That means standard shaft unit which we dont make repair kits for anymore. all of the units we make now are big shaft."

Thats someone that works at turbonetics saying that.

Im not sure where mhamdouche gets his parts, but you can see how I would think what I did. Its an honest mistake.

·
Registered
764 Posts

Go fuck yourself.
Who said he needs a housing? Who said it needs rebuilt? It clearly states that he is wanting to ID the turbo.

You come on a turbo forum and make a post a noob would know better then too and I am a prick because I called you out on it? Wow.

So let me get this right, if I told you that pouring syrup in your gas tank makes 100+hp and someone busts me out on it then that makes them prick for correcting my stupidity but makes me a saint cause I was curitous enough to pad my post count, inflate my self endowed turbo IQ, or????? Seriously read what the fu$k you posted and make sense of it? It is fucking obvious that you know diddly shit about turbonetics turbos.

If that is acting like a prick then I guess I am just being a prick. Personally I would call the douche bag that told me to throw away a good name brand turbo for a POS of eGay a prick and I would think, no wager that the rest of the forum members would agree with me except the ones that oogle over your post count and assume that is indicative of your automotive IQ. Its not. It just goes to point out that maybe you should stop posting and actually research something for more then 5 seconds before considering yourself worthy to post about something that is rediculously simple. It would be one thing if this was a difficult situation or something that could be easily mistaken but its not. You are so far off from the truth its really sad.

The fact is that these turbos share the same basic design as the Garrett turbos. You can literally swap the turbine housing, bearing housing, turbine, backing plate, and compressor cover out with Garrett parts. I guess that makes Garrett a piece of shit as well. Oh and the super 60 compressor is the exact same as the GT2860RS or the disco potato. EXACTLY the same except bore diameter and hub heigth which neither effect how the turbo performs. I guess by your hapahazard standard they are also a piece of shit? So because it is old design then it is piece of shit?

So lets ban name brand products and put whats left of the US work force in the shit can, start goose stepping, and melt down all the quality turbos so we can send the raw material to China so we can run something that is better then POS Turbonetics turbo!!! The funny thing, the really funny thing is that the eGay turbos are based off of, cloned from the turbonetics and Garrett turbos.

Quantify that for me.

OH and it is obvious you give a shit about what I have worked on. Its obvious that facts and truth are of little interest to you. The only thing I have deduced from anything you have said is that you are attempting to pad your post count and it is obvious that you are willing to go any extent to do so.

FYI this is the big boy forum, people here are not "noobs" and when you say something that is so completely wrong your going to get your vagina ripped. Best for you to put your pull ups back on and head to the

n00b Forum - D-series.org

so that you don't run into anymore "pricks". :asshole:

OOOOhhhhhhh and Turbonetics still sell turbos with a blue back plate. Don't know where that came from. Oh wait yeah I do, you just pulled that interesting fact out of thin air.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Please, do not buy an ebay turbo......You have potential for a decent turbo right now, either use it/rebuild if necessary, or sell it to someone who wants it, and buy a nice new precision/garret etc turbo....

Sorry I cant help you with id'ing the turbo, but I believe mhamrick would probably be one of the best people here to help you with that.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I am pretty sure what he has is the hifi. It was a 60-1 turbo that used a smaller T3 compressor housing so it could fit in tight spaces. They are marked 60-2 instead of 60-1.

Waiting on OP to post compressor sizes.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Who said he needs a housing? Who said it needs rebuilt? It clearly states that he is wanting to ID the turbo.

You come on a turbo forum and make a post a noob would know better then too and I am a prick because I called you out on it? Wow.

So let me get this right, if I told you that pouring syrup in your gas tank makes 100+hp and someone busts me out on it then that makes them prick for correcting my stupidity but makes me a saint cause I was curitous enough to pad my post count, inflate my self endowed turbo IQ, or????? Seriously read what the fu$k you posted and make sense of it? It is fucking obvious that you know diddly shit about turbonetics turbos.

If that is acting like a prick then I guess I am just being a prick. Personally I would call the douche bag that told me to throw away a good name brand turbo for a POS of eGay a prick and I would think, no wager that the rest of the forum members would agree with me except the ones that oogle over your post count and assume that is indicative of your automotive IQ. Its not. It just goes to point out that maybe you should stop posting and actually research something for more then 5 seconds before considering yourself worthy to post about something that is rediculously simple. It would be one thing if this was a difficult situation or something that could be easily mistaken but its not. You are so far off from the truth its really sad.

The fact is that these turbos share the same basic design as the Garrett turbos. You can literally swap the turbine housing, bearing housing, turbine, backing plate, and compressor cover out with Garrett parts. I guess that makes Garrett a piece of shit as well. Oh and the super 60 compressor is the exact same as the GT2860RS or the disco potato. EXACTLY the same except bore diameter and hub heigth which neither effect how the turbo performs. I guess by your hapahazard standard they are also a piece of shit? So because it is old design then it is piece of shit?

So lets ban name brand products and put whats left of the US work force in the shit can, start goose stepping, and melt down all the quality turbos so we can send the raw material to China so we can run something that is better then POS Turbonetics turbo!!! The funny thing, the really funny thing is that the eGay turbos are based off of, cloned from the turbonetics and Garrett turbos.

Quantify that for me.

OH and it is obvious you give a shit about what I have worked on. Its obvious that facts and truth are of little interest to you. The only thing I have deduced from anything you have said is that you are attempting to pad your post count and it is obvious that you are willing to go any extent to do so.

FYI this is the big boy forum, people here are not "noobs" and when you say something that is so completely wrong your going to get your vagina ripped. Best for you to put your pull ups back on and head to the

n00b Forum - D-series.org

so that you don't run into anymore "pricks". :asshole:
I didnt even read this because I can smell the bullshit from here

Basically,

·
Registered
764 Posts
If bullshit is what happens when you actually know instead of pretending like you do then I guess call me bullshitter.

Ahhhh did the lil noob "FOOL" TILT get his feelings hurt? I think my girl still has some bibs and bottles for ya. The big bad mhamwick is so sworry... You prolly shit your lil pull up "fool". Get me an addy and I can get you some new diapers, A&D ointment, baby powder, and some monistat to cure your whoa's.

You make a post all boastful like you are a leading expert in the field and it is so mentally retarded you are going to get flamed. Thats how it is, always has, and always will be. Honestly I dunno what you are crying about. Personally if I made that big of a fool of myself I would be thankful if someone corrected me. You basically called everyones setup on here that does not use an egay turd a "POS".

You aint got to front. I know you read my post. I completely understand that you are trying to save what lil face and rep you have left. Take a couple minutes and take notes so next time you dont soil your pull up and you will keep your foot out of your mouth.

I already know had I made the colossal mistake you did my a$$hole would have gotten reamed. It happens to the best of us. Maybe you should take your own advice and use Google next time and it will save your ass.

One things for sure though, if I wanted to go fuck myself I could take your advice and throw away my turbonetics turbos and I would definitely accomplish that.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts