Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a turbo that can get me into the 500-600whp range for my fully built z6 right now im stuck on a few turbos

Right now i have a GT3071R w/ 4" inlet .50A/R and .82exh (i dont think this turbo will make the 5-600 hp range on 30 psi)

Option 1

GT3076R Twin scroll inlet .60A/R and .82 exh

Option 2

GT35R with a 4"inlet .70A/R and .82 exh

what are your guys opinions?

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
contact fjt or greg from autoworks, they know perfct about this

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
S259 with .70a/r should take you into the 550whp range probably more and reach the 600+whp at 35-40 psi..
This turbo flows 64lb/min

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
I would go with the Bullseye or S259 .70a/r over the GT turbos. Extended tip tech., journal bearing, better price, you can't beat them.
This turbo would definitely suit your power needs.

The SC61 will as well.

Most importantly, what all does "fully built" include?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"fully built" as in GE sleeves, GE rods, ARP studs, port polished head, JGE flat faced valves, 59300 cam w/ springs and retainers, exc.. just wanting to make 5-600 whp

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
unless hes BSing and just wanting to talk about his fantasys, as in it takes more then just a motor involved in making something like that possible out of a d-series. suspension, transmision, mabe even a spool shot. but post pix, and then ill believe lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
unless hes BSing and just wanting to talk about his fantasys, as in it takes more then just a motor involved in making something like that possible out of a d-series. suspension, transmision, mabe even a spool shot. but post pix, and then ill believe lol
Dude, your such a hater..

Good luck and yes, please give us more info on the build! Pics!!

·
669AWHP
1,234 Posts
how do you "have" fully built engine and not know the answer to this simple ass question?
he had a couple turbos in mind but just wanted to know what r the better ones out there for his setup.. i got the same setup but not the same brands of things and still dont have my turbo or suspension and i ask this question as well.. its helpful to have other opinions

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
how do you "have" fully built engine and not know the answer to this simple ass question?
what the fuck is your problem! if this guy had a high post count you'd be THRILLED to give him info, so stfu with your negativity! This noob bashing has gotten WAY out of hand lately(even if you yourself are one!), its not like the guy asked "whats the best turbo for my car", he clearly stated the options he had in mind, what he was looking for, and his current setup.

To the OP, might as well close this thread as you have your answer, greg knows what hes talking about, listen to him and you CANT go wrong. Hes got great prices too, ask anyone on here, hes the highest respected d-series builder around!

·
Registered
57 Posts
well the 3076 will do about 550 maxed at 35psi or so, or the 35r will do 600+. i depends on what the car is used for. drag? street? road race? also why do you have a 3071 with an E cover and a .82 housing? that would be a much better turbo with a 3" inlet and a .63 exhaust housing. alot more fun and would spool fairly quick. also look into hp61's and hp66 turbos both can be dbb or standard bearing. and have a wide range of covers and exhaust housings.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Dude, your such a hater..

Good luck and yes, please give us more info on the build! Pics!!
He is not that off beat it has happened before most people post pics and introduce themselves especially with a build like this not to many of us rocking sleeved motors. But to the OP hope you have some head work done as well that is gonna be a must for this kind of power. But Im with Greg and FJT bulls eye will do you for sure. Now :tank:

·
Registered
158 Posts
The 3071 will probably run out of steam at around 400whp but will spool probably 4000 which would be an awesome powerband for the street and will come on 1000 rpms or so sooner that the 3076. The 3076 will probably only make around 500whp at around 30psi and spool at 52-5500rpms. The 35r will definately reach your goals and probably be in the high 500 range at 30psi but probably not have boost until close to 6000. If you are revving the car to 8500 or so rpms you should be ok with the 35r but you will have to have some close ratio gears to stay in power.

I will be using a gt3076 for my build and im really hoping it makes boost in the low 5000rpm range. Im looking for around 450 +or- 20hp i will be happy.

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
If you wanna make a ton of power. pick up a precision T67 or T68. The 68 is the biggest T3 turbo in production and will pump out up to 800whp. I'd dare you to try and put 35psi on that beast in your motor...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts