Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
93 EX Coupe
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
doing a Y7/Y8 vitara setup, valve springs and retainers, p&p head, coated YCPs with custom length rods, shooting for around 300-350 hp. i have a garrett T4 .60 it needs seals i was wondering if i should just get a new turbo, im sure it would support it but how much farther could it be pushed? i have DSM 450s right now but looking to upgrade not long after its together.

ideas ive had are Holset HX-35, or maybe an eGay 50 trim for a little quicker spool time, i dont mind a long spool time, but quicker IS better, but im not sure if it would support 350hp

this is my first build and i have searched a long time and i am just trying to get some good advice from experience (which i know almost all of you have in one way or another).

thanks.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
You dont want to use a T4, it will spool retarded slow. But since its Garrett you should just make it into a T3/T4 hybrid.
A 50 trim ebay T3/T4 will support over 350 hp.

Also, what is your budget?

·
Registered
93 EX Coupe
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im only looking to spend at most 300 bucks on this turbo....2500?! thats so awesome, if i can find one cheap thats my choice for sure, but how hard is it to make a T3/T4 hybrid and can you point me in the direction in which to buy these parts? how much do you think it would cost?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Take pics of the Garrett turbo you have from a few angles and write down all the markings on it.
It may actually be a T3/T4 already

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
You dont want to use a T4, it will spool retarded slow. But since its Garrett you should just make it into a T3/T4 hybrid.
A 50 trim ebay T3/T4 will support over 350 hp.

Also, what is your budget?
where are you finding egay 50 trims? and wheres the dynos to back that claim up?

i find the claim hard to believe since there are no chinese made 50 trim t3/t4 turbos on ebay....

2inch inducer and 3inch exducer does not = 50 trim.

·
Registered
93 EX Coupe
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how much hp is a 14b good for? i know prob not 350 but what have you all seen?

·
Premium Member
96 Honda Civic
985 Posts
If your shooting for 300 to 350 I would make sure my turbos power band is better than that. That is my own opinion. Lets see some pics when you get time!

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
where are you finding egay 50 trims? and wheres the dynos to back that claim up?

i find the claim hard to believe since there are no chinese made 50 trim t3/t4 turbos on ebay....

2inch inducer and 3inch exducer does not = 50 trim.
They call them all sorts of shit, who knows what you really get.

Im just saying that ebay T3/T4 turbos have been proven to make those kind of numbers.

·
Registered
93 EX Coupe
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
damn thanks man rep for you.

i ask about a 14b because some local has 2 for sale both good $100 bucks a piece, so they run out of steam at what? ~250hp?

·
Registered
73 Posts
If money's not a BIG issue, go with a Borg Warner EFR 6258
super fast spool and can easily support 350whp with room to improve

·
Registered
Jeep wrangler DD
225 Posts
GT3071R + WG + BOV = EFR 6258 in price.
:TU: And the people I see using the EFR's end up blocking off the bov, ebc, and some of them not using the WG. what a way to waste money.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts