Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ive got plans for a 400hp+ weekend car,any suggestion on manifolds??

Ive heard loads about stainless manis cracking which pointed me towards a cast jobbie but then on the other hand im after maximum power gains,is ther alot of hp to be had in say a full ram or top mount (even an small ram or ss log) over an ugly cast mani??

If ya want any mor info on the planed setup please ask......:confused:

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
i think top mounts are sexier than a house full of playboy playmates...... i think that the ram type manis that have problems are egay crap. a ram style or equal length mani from a reputable company should work great. talk to i think its greg at go-autoworks(sorry if i got it wrong) you tell him what you want for power he'll tell you what you need to get there and the best parts to use

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think top mounts are sexier than a house full of playboy playmates...... i think that the ram type manis that have problems are egay crap. a ram style or equal length mani from a reputable company should work great. talk to i think its greg at go-autoworks(sorry if i got it wrong) you tell him what you want for power he'll tell you what you need to get there and the best parts to use
Yeah top are damn sexy!!! I live in the uk so its pretty hard to get hold of anything decent over here. so gotta find someone to ship over seas.

Had my eye on the rc autoworks Ram ,im not gonna bum out on sum cheap egay manifold cuz at the end of the day it'll cost me in the long run!!

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
yeah crap welds and thin metal and no supports or just not placed in the proper places = cheap

good welds and thicker metal and supports properly placed to reduce stress point in the metal = nice

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
it looks good but i dont like buying from people on ebay tthat are not power sellers w/ 98% + positive. and thats prolly why im one of the few that havent been scamed or had bad experiences w/ ebay

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,015 Posts
whats your budget. you can get an equal length ram for much less money than that.
id personally go with a miniram. jfk78 has one and hes pushing 471whp/356tq.
that whould be the most cost affective solution

·
Registered
4,006 Posts

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,015 Posts
talk to greg from go-autoworks.com
he has a very good reputation

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
whats your budget. you can get an equal length ram for much less money than that.
id personally go with a miniram. jfk78 has one and hes pushing 471whp/356tq.
that whould be the most cost affective solution
my budgets proly around $700usd shipped (to the uk),yeah i was looking a a short ram,think il follow up on the go autoworks reccomendation:TU:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it looks good but i dont like buying from people on ebay tthat are not power sellers w/ 98% + positive. and thats prolly why im one of the few that havent been scamed or had bad experiences w/ ebay
yeah i agree with you on the feed back thing,but they seem to be a pretty big company,just do know any1 whos used them......

check out there project civic eg :-

http://www.tig-art.com/

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Hey ive got plans for a 400hp+ weekend car,any suggestion on manifolds??

Ive heard loads about stainless manis cracking which pointed me towards a cast jobbie but then on the other hand im after maximum power gains,is ther alot of hp to be had in say a full ram or top mount (even an small ram or ss log) over an ugly cast mani??

If ya want any mor info on the planed setup please ask......:confused:
You'll get to 400 on a cast mani, plenty of other people have.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You'll get to 400 on a cast mani, plenty of other people have.
a friend of mine had a rev hard cast mani,really badly made well i gess cast is cast but he got the die grinder out and like a week later it looked half decent inside.
any recomendatons on cast mani's??

·
Registered
146 Posts
But you're forgetting that even if he does make 400hp with a cast manifold with a shitty collector, using a manifold with a nice collector will yield more hp at the same boost level. Free power, why not. It will only be a few bucks more for a used ramhorn than a brand new cast mani. . . .

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Check this out:-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TIG-ART-Honda...3130945QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

they;ve got some well nice gear,but i cant seem to find anyone thats had any experince with them....oh and bear in mind that top mount is like 1400bucks!!!
ok i'm not the britest bulb in the pack when it comes to turbo... but if the turbo sits on top of the manni wouldn't it get heat soak? unless you learn how to stop the laws of physics and make the heat stop from rising and go side way. please by all means enlighten this somewhat of a noob in a way the no one has never been enlighten.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
But you're forgetting that even if he does make 400hp with a cast manifold with a shitty collector, using a manifold with a nice collector will yield more hp at the same boost level. Free power, why not. It will only be a few bucks more for a used ramhorn than a brand new cast mani. . . .
Really? Show me where I can buy a used ramhorn for a couple bucks more than a cast mani on ebay that goes for ~$125 shipped.

And I didn't forget shit biddy-boo, IMO you don't need a ramhorn for 400whp.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts