Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I drive a 91 std hatch. I just got a d16z6 that I traded a alpine typre rrrr 12" sub for. I am going to turbo it hopefully by winter. I want to know what manifold I can get for this turbo http://www.slowboyracing.com/more.php?id=2212& that will fit on my car? Or will I have to get one of those radiators that only takes up half the space that my stock one uses?

·
Registered
90 Civic Hatchback
208 Posts
i said "good" manifold. I.E. tubular with some sort of runner. Of course you can use a log with a stock rad.. Hell use an HF they work fine and even better with some porting.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
Widebody said:
i said "good" manifold. I.E. tubular with some sort of runner. Of course you can use a log with a stock rad.. Hell use an HF they work fine and even better with some porting.
how is a log not a "good" mani? there have been lots of 300+hp setups running them.

big name fabricators still make them, that has to mean something as well...

·
Registered
90 Civic Hatchback
208 Posts
They are not good from an efficiency standpoint, flow, WG placement, collector. People still make power with them but more could be made with better piece. Dont you think. Plus they are quick, easy to make there for alot of profit for the manifold makers :). Kinda like a mass production piece when the tubulars take a little time.
EDIT:plus they are quick, easy to make there for alot of profit for the manifold makers :). Kinda like a mass production piece when the tubulars take a little time.

·
Registered
98 Civic
1,245 Posts
unless you are building a full out drag car and trying to get every bit of horsepower out of your car it is totally pointless in my opinion to waste 600+ bucks on a manifold.

Just buy a good log or cast manifold and be done with it...that is plenty for a street car. specially a stock z6.:wink:

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
i don't think i'd ever spend the extra money on a mani when i can get a log with a lifetime warranty that will work perfectly fine for my application. $165 log mani all the way!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts