Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It says mitsubishi tdo4h on it! Is it like a 14g or something. I want to order the flange and some other shit but not sure what turbo it is. Thanks

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
You guys know nothing about DSM turbos-

Td04H - is the exhaust wheel - it can be mated to many different compressor wheels (9b, 11b, 13g, 15c, 15g, 17t, 19t)

Where did the turbo come from - if it came from a Greddy kit, it could be a 15g or 19t. - Flange on greddys is t25 (rectangular)
If it came from a DSM auto, it's a 13g. (Flange is DSM flange square shape)

The 14b usually mated to the Td05H turbine - From a manual talon

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
skr33t_rac3r said:
teh 14b is also from a first gen auto eclipse
and they had td04h on the them and since he thought it was a 14g it kinda makes since that it would be a 14b
OK where do you come up with this information...

The 14b is a TD05h - Came on manual eclipses
The automatic eclipse came with the TD04h- 13g - not with 14b's

14g's that I have seen are generally used as upgrades for Starions (8cm exhaust housings td05-12a stock)

FYI - you can tell the difference between A, B, or C wheels and G wheels by looking at the Compressor fins. A, B, and C wheels have identical fins, while G (and K, and some others) alternate between small and large fins.

·
Registered
780 Posts
pelsise said:
You guys know nothing about DSM turbos-

Td04H - is the exhaust wheel - it can be mated to many different compressor wheels (9b, 11b, 13g, 15c, 15g, 17t, 19t)

Where did the turbo come from - if it came from a Greddy kit, it could be a 15g or 19t. - Flange on greddys is t25 (rectangular)
If it came from a DSM auto, it's a 13g. (Flange is DSM flange square shape)...
damn... hes good- and correct... ive got a Greddy kit- in which case the only Td04h they use is a 15g- correct me if im wrong- but doesnt the Greddy kit with the 19t compressor use a Td05h exhaust side?
...and one of my friends whos into DSM's uses stock turbo's on both his cars- theyre 14b's and say Td05h on them... and like he said- 1g auto DSM's are 13g's...
so hey- it could be one of the many- but it doesnt exactly matter... just match up the flange shape- uhh... like he already said...

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
YakuzaKirby said:
damn... hes good- and correct... ive got a Greddy kit- in which case the only Td04h they use is a 15g- correct me if im wrong- but doesnt the Greddy kit with the 19t compressor use a Td05h exhaust side?
...and one of my friends whos into DSM's uses stock turbo's on both his cars- theyre 14b's and say Td05h on them... and like he said- 1g auto DSM's are 13g's...
so hey- it could be one of the many- but it doesnt exactly matter... just match up the flange shape- uhh... like he already said...
Actually the older greddy kits (4-5years ago) were 15c (still used on the Miata turbo) Just look at the fins.
I'm pretty sure the 19t turbo is a td04h for the 96-up D16y8 motors. It really wouldn't make sense to use the td05H turbine on a light boost turbo/small displacement/low revving motor like the D16...
That said, I'm personally going to be using a modified 16g or 18g (10cm T3 flanged exhaust housing) I have both cartridges to test. Can't wait to get it up on the dyno...
I also have a td04 - 11b - 4cm housing that I might try for auto cross... 170whp MAX out of this turbo, but probably a fat and flat torque curve...

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yup, the 19t does use a td04 housing. ive looked at mine plenty of times.

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
Photonic_Si said:
lol you guys care too much about crappy dsm turbos!!!
It's people like you that post stupid, useless comments for no reason that make it so difficult to find usefull information online. What was the point of your comment? Who are you to say that DSM turbos are crappy? Did you personally go over all factors such as turbine flow ratings, efficiency, longevity, cost, etc to make your comment?
I don't think so... :stfu:
:slap: :hammer:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts