Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man i just got 5 carbid bits off ebay diamond tiped and iv gone through 3 of me on just 1 bore

·
4 doors of fury!!!!
2,386 Posts
use a cup of water and keep them cool. dip them about every 10 seconds or so depending on how much pressure you are putting on the bit. if you do this 1 will get you through the whole job. are you useing a air powered die grinder or a dremel?

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ahh so im getting them to hot?? cause i snapped 2 of em and the other is worn to no teeth

a tip to all who are trying this wear goggles i got some bits in my eye and its not a good feeling

·
4 doors of fury!!!!
2,386 Posts
yes, they are getting too hot. bur bits have to be kept cool or they just wont last. keep them cool and they last forever. are they fine tooth or more corse. for aluminum you want more corse of a bit because the aluminum will "gum up" in the bit if it is too fine.

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I notched my entire block using one of these
i would think that worked better then what i got.. i think i got fed up ones from ebay they stoped wearing out with the water but they still snap in half..... im gonna go looking tomorrow and see if i cant find any at a store somewhere

any ideas as to a store that might sell them? because there not at walmart and the like

·
Registered
867 Posts

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
i used the round sanding bits for the dremel.. it worked perfect. you might go threw a couple sand paper thingys, but all you do is slide them on the bit, and good to go..

·
Registered
158 Posts
if you are good with the grinder you can use something like wd-40 to help cut. It is what i do. It seems to help the bit cut better. Might be the heat issue as well. just though i would add.

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i think my problem is that i bought some fine tooth bits that are crappy rejects from ebay. i think what i got is more for etching and detailing like engraving then trying to grind cast and aluminum

im gonna hit up sears or somehting tomorrow and buy a bunch of different things and see what works best.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 25 Posts