Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some info from all you pro D series guys and girls. right now i have a
D15B2 wiith DPFI, I want to do a swap that is going to give me the most bang for my buck, any suggestions what motor to swap my car to, i come to conclusion that im going to stick with a D series Swap, should i go with the SOHC Vtec swap ?? im going to need a new tranny also, the reason i am going with a new tranny is when i got the car the axels were shot and the tranny had about 1/2 a Qt of tranny fluid so the tranny makes lots of noise, so any suggestions what to do for a swap and what i will all need for a complete swap, and were to buy

thanks guys and girls

64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
see the bad thing is i live in ND and all the salvage yards around here dont have shit for parts bro, i found a D16 motor in Minnesota for $350.00 , that is just the motor, im sure i could pick up the complete swap for under $600 shipped

·
DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT
2003 Civic Si
3,003 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Your basically looking to do that same thing I want. Getting that B2 outta there. I'm leaning towards a D15B/92-95SI-Trans, for mine.

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
290 Posts
i say do the mpfi swap, swap the trans to an si, swap in a z6 if its all motor and if its boosted swap in a y8.

64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i found a d16a6 motor at a local salvage yard in Bismarck ND, but the motor is all taken apart, it has all the parts i need for the MPFI swap, and i know it has a tranny which is a manual, now will that d16a6 tranny bolt to my d15b2 motor, and if so do i have to change the ECU over or no ??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts