Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i have a d16zc no v tec turbo vitara, eagle
Garrett t3t4 57 trim turbo with ramhorn looking to get around 350 whp if posible more ... Right now my head is stock i looking to build my head but i dont no what to put in first ? And i dont what to port it
So if you guys can help me out that whould be cool , thanks

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
new springs, new oem retainers, and rebuild with new seals.

no need to port for a low 350whp

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Knowledge should fill your head. For your car? I would upgrade the springs and retainers if I am gunna rev the shit out of it.

You can go with blox really, its gunna be how much money you wanna spend and whos parts you trust. But like said above stock heads with oem parts can take a beating if you tune well and dont take it to the limit on the revs.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
all built D series motors should be built to allow 8-9k rpm

supertech is a budget but quality spring set to use.

DO NOT USE springs from a certain california based company. they are too 'b'izy to care about you.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Iskendarian makes good valve springs.

Ferraera makes excellent valves, but OEM valves are OK

Titanium retainers from any reputable source should be OK. If Iskendarian offer them with the springs that could be a good idea.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
aren't Ti retainers supposed to last less longer than steel ones? if engine longevity is important, would they still be a good idea?
Yes, titanium stuff has a shorter life.

but some people care more about that 0.001hp that they offer

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think il go with bisimoto spring with oem retainers
With ferrea 6000 valves !!

And as for the cam bisimoto Has good cam what level should be good for 350-400whp + whp??

Level 2 or level 2.3 ?

Its for daly drive to so i want a good idle to

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
keep in mind

a good turbo cam is nearly identical to an allmotor cam.
you have many to choose from
web(bisimoto sources through them, so bypass bisimoto)
colt
delta
zex

even blox does cam copies. not the best for supporting businesses, but we are not all privileged with heavy wallets

EDIT people HAVE used the stock camshaft up and over 600whp

dont think a cam is a requirement. Honda designed our motors to be VERY efficient for cheap. your average mild cam will do plenty of performance enhancement! no need to go wild!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
keep in mind

a good turbo cam is nearly identical to an allmotor cam.
you have many to choose from
web(bisimoto sources through them, so bypass bisimoto)
colt
delta
zex

even blox does cam copies. not the best for supporting businesses, but we are not all privileged with heavy wallets

EDIT people HAVE used the stock camshaft up and over 600whp

dont think a cam is a requirement. Honda designed our motors to be VERY efficient for cheap. your average mild cam will do plenty of performance enhancement! no need to go wild!

very good info and good to no thanks men :)

·
Registered
967 Posts
look for a stage 3 V-tec head to put on instead it will pull hard
Don't listen to this fella. No offense to you, sir, but your comment isn't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin getting it on.

To make my post worth while, you don't have to do anything to the head to support your goal. Although, I would change all the seals to prevent future downtime

1 - 20 of 21 Posts