Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to boost my d16 and was wondering other then the turbo and injectors, what else would be worth taking as well? not looking to making huge numbers just a junkyard build.:D

·
Registered
369 Posts
You could also grab the blow off valve, intercooler, and intercooler and piping. You might not really get much use out of the piping, but the intercooler is usable, as is the BOV.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Manifold, turbo, wastegate, downpipe, charge piping, blow off vavle, intercooler, injectors, oil feed line, oil drain line, tapped oil pan, and a way to tune.

im sure i left out some small items

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Only injectors , turbo, O2 sensor housing, only get the blow off valve if it's a pre 95. 95 and up use a cheap plastic one...

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I've got a 14b, 1g side mount IC and 1g bov with flange I'd let go cheap. Hell Im pretty sure I've got all the oem rubber piping too. It's just taking up space. PM me if your interested.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
Fuel pump
Why, a Walbro 255 is $90 or less.

Sound like you have what you need. If these parts are free pull as much as you need and resale.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,795 Posts
Id pull them and sell them and put the profits towards a real kit.

But thats just me.. Why put more speed bumps in your way then needed.

Junkyard builds usually cost close to a bolt on kit by the time you get everything to fit right and work correctly. Some have done it, alot more havent. Spent the same cash in the end with marginal results w/o room to grow.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
um how is he going to get that from from a DSM????? lol

My memory sucks, but if it has a resistor box grab it also
I was only listing things he would need :D

But who says you can run a honda on a DSM computer

·
Registered
1,388 Posts

Junkyard builds usually cost close to a bolt on kit by the time you get everything to fit right and work correctly. Some have done it, alot more havent. Spent the same cash in the end with marginal results w/o room to grow.
ummm noo....my first turbo setup cost 700 without WB02 & chipped ecu. even then it was only 800 bucks.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts

I agree. after putting my junkyard build it didn't end up being as cheap as I thought it would be. if I could do it all over I would have gotten a cheap ebay kit and rebuilt and balance the turbo. a few of my friends did that and things turned out well.

im running a T25 with HF manifold and im waiting to get my car back from the body shop so I can throw in a cam and bigger turbo (EVO III TD05H-16G)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'll probably just pull the injectors, turbo and possibly the intercooler, all should be less then $250 at the end. This is the first time boosting for myself so i just didn't want to drop a bunch on quality parts. Other then ebay who has good entry level turbo kits? main one i can think of is Greddy

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I agree. after putting my junkyard build it didn't end up being as cheap as I thought it would be. if I could do it all over I would have gotten a cheap ebay kit and rebuilt and balance the turbo. a few of my friends did that and things turned out well.

im running a T25 with HF manifold and im waiting to get my car back from the body shop so I can throw in a cam and bigger turbo (EVO III TD05H-16G)

What is that blue thing on your coolant line between the head and the rad? For a temp gauge?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts