Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to build up a engine I picked up well I keep the one currently in my car stock to I get this one built ( that and just to have a back up as it is my daily as well) I have done some research but still have questions and I know the stock block can handle power on stock internals but I want to upgrade it all anyways because I plan to go turbo in the future and want around 350+ at some point so mid as well build it to take it the first time and get more power N/A for know. I know I want new pistons, rods, cam, new bearing, and bolts etc so basically I am looking for suggestions of what products to buy and how to measure / know what size to get when I do order these parts ( if that makes a difference or not) new to building a engine up but I wat to do it right the first time so any advice / help and and thing else im missing that I will need( sure its alo) let me know plz and also a explanation of why tog et X or y product . end goal is street / track.

·
Meat Popsicle
2,919 Posts
You have quite a bit of research to do. Nobody is going to take the time to do all the legwork for you.

The answers to all the questions you have are here but you need to take some initiative and search first.

Google search - site:d-series.org <topic>

·
DIY Guru
637 Posts
ARP Fasteners for everything

Custom VCE Pistons, so you can go from High compression NA, to low compression turbo with a flick of a switch ( these will have to be custom made for your application)

Oliver Alum rods

Billet stroker crank

also you will want to send the block and rods off to be channeled and have poured bearings, this is the best way to get the perfect oil clearance

·
Registered
921 Posts
Or just swap a b-series and you can handle 350whp. Building a turbo d-series engine properly without cutting corners will cost more than an entire bs/wap. Especially if you follow bogussvo's advice.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
The best way to start any build is to read read read read read read READ!

knowledge and understanding a background of what you want to accomplish will help FAR more than having someone tell you what parts to buy

some of us have a decade or more of dealing with these cars.

understand your budget limits, and work with that in mind.

a mild turbo build (=/<200whp) will still require a couple grand to ensure maintenance is all up to date, and even a simple bolt on NA "build" will require a minimum of a grand into a tuning solution and preparation so the ecu can even read shit properly.

do all your basics first. make sure all sensors are working correctly, make sure wiring under the hood is in good condition and all grounds are clean and functional.

Ive spent easily 2 grand on my civic just doing all the base foundation legwork to ensure its running at its best. and my civic is NOT yet turbo'd

all my sensors are in OEM spec, the headgasket and timing and water pump is new, all wiring has been checked over to ensure good signals and good reference voltages.

my car runs fantastic compared to how it was when I bought it. but im only NOW getting into the "what to do" stage.

no car just gets shit thrown together and lasts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts