Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, so here's my situation. I live in a part of australia, where no-one has heard of tuning honda OBD1 ecus. The nearest tuner is about a days drive away, & they only deal with hondata. There's another tuner, about 3 days drive away, that tunes with neptune. I really wanna try & avoid driving that far on a basemap.

So what is was thinking of, & you guys may be able to tell me if this is a logisitic way. Im planning on getting either the moates demon w/ecu, or a chipped ecu that's neptune compatible. Could i log data, then send that to the tuner along with the chip, & he burn me a new bin? i know its not the absolute best way to properly tune, & i dont know whether or not AFR mixtures are seen through datalogging. like alot of other people, the car is me & my wifes daily.

Id really love to tune it myself, fact is im on a budget, there's also the fact that if i tune it, i may make it even worse, so id much rather a professional do it...

·
Registered
duh
883 Posts
Maybe its time you learn to street tune....

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im always up for learning something. if i research how to tune, im sure i could street tune it myself. but, as im trying to keep budget to a minimum, if i street tune, ill need to buy - laptop, moates demon, LC-1 & socketed ecu. whereas if i got the Neptune guy to tune it, all id need is chipped ecu & tuning costs. if i were to tune it myself, i would probably go with the kit that xenocron sells - ostrich, datalogging cable, lc1, etc. much cheaper that demon as id still need to grab a wideband. id tune with crome aswell.

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
You still need to buy a wideband. How else are you going to datalog anything for the tuner to use?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Buy a Demon if it's only going to be in one car and a wide band, find a basemap that's close to your setup and tune it with CROME. Just leave the demon in there and your set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts