• Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay now that I have your attention.
What are you guys plans for when you die?
Are you wanting to just be buried? Cremation? Donation to Science?
Now that I have a family and all I'm thinking of what I want done with my body when the time comes I don't want them to have to make the decisions but I also don't want to hurt them.
I have personally been looking into donating my body to science.
Some places return you cremated remains to your family others use you in skeletal forum. I'm leaning to donating to The University of Tennessee Forensic Anthropology Center also known as "The Body Farm"
Just looking for input or plans for yourself.

·
Premium Member
93 del Sol Si
235 Posts
Since you don't list the option for "Organ Donor, then cremate the leftovers", I'll have to wait to vote. ;)

I expect to have pretty much worn out my body by the time I kick it, but I'm a donor in the event there's something that's usable (especially considering my left ACL came from a cadaver). I figure the cremation of the leftovers lets them harvest anything they can use without concerning themselves with presentation for the funeral. Besides, I want my ashes packed into the ejection charge on a model rocket so they can scatter about over a large chunk of the flying field! :)

BTW, I came into this thread expecting to see the hog farm vs ? discussion...

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I Always tell my wife that if I die, to let all my family know and to buried me somewhere. No funeral expensive for me. Its stupid crazy the amount of money that goes for a funeral, is like they want to fuck you up the ass even after you are dead.

The hell with that, go to some place dig a hole and let me be, I be more happy knowing that the casket, flowers and funeral money was used for my family. I never own a brand new car or had a mansion, or own a Armani suit, why should I care about my funeral? Do a bad ass party and/or do a huge car show on my honor and give the profit to my family.

My wife gets mad every time I talked about this, I always tell her the same thing, dig a hole somewhere and let me be, I don't want to be a burden to my family when I'm dead already and even if we had the money on the side to deal with this situation I still would rather used the money for something more useful.

Want to remember me? I always wanted a scholarship on my honor, so depending how much money is collected, give a few scholarship to Puerto Ricans students that did well in school, sports and in the community.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,931 Posts
Donate organs aside from eyes. Unless I die in a brutal accident that prevents an open-casket burial, I'd like my family and friends to be able to see my face one last time.

Body to science doesn't make as much sense to me. They don't use dead bodies for cancer or terminal illness research AFAIK and being a learning aide for a medical student just doesn't seem right to me.

·
Registered
1998 Civic dx Hatch
88 Posts
Done organs aside from eyes. Unless I die in a brutal accident that prevents an open-casket burial, I'd like my family and friends to be able to see my face one last time.

Body to science doesn't make as much sense to me. They don't use dead bodies for cancer or terminal illness research AFAIK and being a learning aide for a medical student just doesn't seem right to me.
The body farm leaves the bodies they get outside to see the effects of decomposition over certain periods of time. It has done wonders for modern forensics.

I really could care less what my family does with my body after I die. I'm dead. Cremate me if you want, bury me, put me in a cardboard box and throw me in the woods I really don't think I will mind.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
The body farm leaves the bodies they get outside to see the effects of decomposition over certain periods of time. It has done wonders for modern forensics.

I really could care less what my family does with my body after I die. I'm dead. Cremate me if you want, bury me, put me in a cardboard box and throw me in the woods I really don't think I will mind.
I laughed, but it is true.

Burn my ass, and dump the ashes somewhere. I don't have a family of my own at this point in my life, so it's not something I have put much thought into. Unless something unforeseen happens, I'll likely outlive my parents.

On that note, thinking about my own mortality wigs me out most of the time so I try not to think about it.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
I laughed, but it is true.

Burn my ass, and dump the ashes somewhere. I don't have a family of my own at this point in my life, so it's not something I have put much thought into. Unless something unforeseen happens, I'll likely outlive my parents.

On that note, thinking about my own mortality wigs me out most of the time so I try not to think about it.
Ya me to, i used to wonder about how death would be when i was younger and i can honestly say it scares the hell out of me, the deeper i think about it the more my heart races.

I think i want to be cremated since its cheaper but if you could, i would just let my family bury me in the woods like others stated, no need to burden your family after death

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
Donate skin grafts and corneas, cremation, simple celebration, spread my ass/ashes in selected locations.

I also have a song list to be played of wide ranging songs.

I will be honest, I turn 47 in Feb, Dad only lived to be 53 before dying of a heart attack.

Understand why I'm only working part-time and looking to "retire" next spring.

Drag Racing last weekend proved to me what I'm missing by working the courier job. I'm working on an exit plan.

Besides, if I "earn" less than $10k a year I don't have to file with the IRS or worry about Obamacare.

Spiritual, but not religious, think about that for a bit.

·
Premium Member
93 del Sol Si
235 Posts
Donate skin grafts and corneas, cremation, simple celebration, spread my ass/ashes in selected locations.

... Snip! ...

Besides, if I "earn" less than $10k a year I don't have to file with the IRS or worry about Obamacare.
Now there's a man with a plan... :TU:

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
cremation. not only because it's cheaper, but imho it giives a better closure than a tomb for the family.

cremation and dump the ashes to the toilet, i couldn't care less.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I'm a organ donor and cremation is my preferred method of disposal of the remains.

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
i would love it very much if this song is played on my memory:

then piss, crap, spit get drunk, spill beer coke pills over my ashes. i will be dead by then. :D

you know what, it would be nice if when i'm cremated it can be done with drugs and alcohol stuffed in my body. :D

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you donate your body to a medical school you can have your organs donated to those on a waiting list and then they do as they please with your body when they are done most cremate the remains and return them to your family within 4-5 weeks so you help those in need of the organs you help students in school learn and then you still give your family a little closure when they receive the remains. I have been thinking a lot about it here as of late but I'm kind of morbid in the first place so it don't surprise the wife any. Today I actually purchased a few human finger bones will visiting skulls unlimited in Okc

·
Premium Member
93 del Sol Si
235 Posts
If you donate your body to a medical school you can have your organs donated to those on a waiting list and then they do as they please with your body when they are done most cremate the remains and return them to your family within 4-5 weeks so you help those in need of the organs you help students in school learn and then you still give your family a little closure when they receive the remains. I have been thinking a lot about it here as of late but I'm kind of morbid in the first place so it don't surprise the wife any. Today I actually purchased a few human finger bones will visiting skulls unlimited in Okc
Interesting... how much more paperwork is involved to do this than the standard organ donor thing? I could care less who's doing the harvesting (after all, I'm dead), but helping the students out is an extra bonus as long as it's just the harvesting. I have to think of the various relatives that get left behind and the thought of my leftovers rotting away on the body farm would give my daughter nightmares. At least the cremation thing gives them a bit of closure.

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The paper work for donation is a very short form less than 10 pages on average

·
endo_bobo
1998 Civic Sedan
877 Posts
My friend has a burn pile at his place in the country. Plan on going out Jedi style. Funeral pyre, people getting wasted and just having a party.

Viking style at the local spillway was a close second.

EDIT* Actually I might just have them scoop up whatever they find and put it in a little Viking ship and send that over. Best of both worlds.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts