Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ive recently planned on going h2d and the only thing that has me a bit iffy is the transmission, i wanted to know whats the best most budget oriented way to shorten up my y7 tranny, I was thinking about an OBX 4.7 final drive? Id like something similar to ITR trans or b16, What oem gears can i use to get this type of gearing? thank you in advance and sorry if this has been answered several times Just have looked all morning.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
No obx!!!! No obx!!! No obx!!!!!!

·
Registered
99 integra ls-DD
384 Posts
if your gonna do h2b why not at least get a y8/z6/(if u can find a zc lsd!) tranny ? cost isnt much , consider they are about 100-300 good working condition excluding zc lsd, i think those go for alot more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if your gonna do h2b why not at least get a y8/z6/(if u can find a zc lsd!) tranny ? cost isnt much , consider they are about 100-300 good working condition excluding zc lsd, i think those go for alot more.
Locally i can get a busted up ex tranny for 50 bux, thats not a problem. The swap is going in temperarely with the y7 tranny till i can save up a bit more and go witha Hybrid gear set. But thats why i asked ive tryed a bunch of combos and some seem very close to b16 but then from 1-2 drop very low in the RPM range -___-. Id possibly go with custom 1st gear 2-4 from ex, 5th from the y7 and 4.9 FD. The thing i dont like is the Massive RPM drop between first and 2nd which hopefully the custom 1st gear can fix.

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
why? i remember bense on HT said he should of gone with the obx over his quafie LSD. Bense is a pretty reputable guy.
Where have you been? That was then and this is now. What ever quality control OBX had on the LSDs is gone. I can't believe their final drives are any better. mFactory FTW!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never said they were better, im on a budget. so basicly ill be almost be spending 800 bux in a tranny that wont perform the way i want. Unless someone can shine on this a bit of light then ill just save and go the way i originally wanted to go with my car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts