Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this morning, the headgasket went completely. It was just giving off white smoke, overheating and oveflowing coolant, and I'd need to fill it like every 2-4 days. Today, it took 20 minutes to consume all the coolant, and it was extra hard to start, and the white smoke was a huge plume, unlike before. I can also now see coolant on the block.

How common is it on a DOHC ZC that the head warps? This thing has seen a few trips to the 'H' mark. You hear about all these Honda motors that went 5K miles with a blown headgasket getting beaten on, but those are always the shit motors, like D15B2's and shit. You just always hear about how shitty the ZC is. Anyone got ZC stories?

The big prob is tomorrow the car goes to shop. I want the head milled if it's warped, but the guy at the shop says it can't be turbo'd if that's done. I mean WTF? This is like a rock and a hard place. SHIT!!!

Option 2. I told him to put a SOHC VTEC in it if the ZC is fucked. The only SOHC motor I like is the Z6. But...does the Z6 mate to the DOHC ZC tranny with the midshaft? Fuck!!!! The cost of the motor is the diiference between me getting turbo or not!!!!

See, I don't know what the fuck to do. I had planned on this bitch ZC lasting longer, or something, ah fuck.

1. If ZC needs shaving...no turbo...
2. Z6 might not accept ZC tranny...
3. Cost of Z6 if needed kills turbo...

·
Registered
880 Posts
y choose the z6 could always run a y8 and ot puts your dipstick out the way for turbo...as far u can usually pick the a z6 up cheap...but i dont see y u couldnt still turbo it if it was milled...take a lil off couldnt hurt unless its real bad..just take the head off and hope for the best

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
k first off, i had a zc blow 3 head gaskets, i've been through this.
1. straight edge the head and the block that will tell u whats warped by the sounds of things u kept running it with the fucked head gasket. that's very very bad, u may have warped ur block. if thats warped ur pretty much fucked unless u wanna rebuild the motor.
2. if the block is fine, mill the head and u can still run 6 psi and you'll be fine.
3. ur trans should mate too a z6 just fine, mid shaft or not, it mates

1 - 3 of 3 Posts