Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am from Alberta Canada I am new to this thread. Not new to civics I have a 92 civic si hatch and am now on the fence as to what I want to do with the motor so I thought I would ask you guys that have experience with the d16z6 motors, first I wanted to make a high revving n/a motor and from what I read it was not really possible with the d motor but hope is not lost as option two was making a boosted d from what I read it's how to make power out of these motors well anything over 200 now is where question I comes in for parts for the motor so far I have comp cam stage 2, aem adjustable cam gear, comp cam valve springs, valve seals. So budget is the next thing I have 3G to spend on more parts plus machining work that might need to be done. What items/ setup would give the best bang for the buck and still be reliable and yes I will have to spend around $600 for a hondata s300 out of the 3G so in parts/machine work I will have 2.5g to spend. Give me your thoughts of a good build with that kind of budget.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
If I had 2.5gs to spend on a civic...

I would leave the z6 head COMPLETELY stock... Unless you already bought that shit

Put Eagle rods and good forged pistons in (Arias, Wiseco, cp, ect.) <that's about $800

New main and rod bearings <around $100

All gaskets and seals <bout $200

Block bored to .5 over what your current bore is. Have block and head decked. <around $200

Port the head (free if you do it yourself)

then the rest spend on a turbo kit, injectors, and get a good tune. You'll be able to go over 300whp if you want to with this setup.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Not new to civics

first I wanted to make a high revving n/a motor and from what I read it was not really possible with the d motor

:doh

You can do soooo much with D motors, do not limit your self with your own ignorance.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Listen to what flip said. Or you'll have a car you still won't be satisfied with after you spend all your $ making it N/A.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Yeah but why get 300 the easy way when you can barley break 160 and sound so much cooler....till the day when you say goodbye to your rods.

My point is don't turn your head to any thing, you could miss exactly what you wanna build in favor of what other people want.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
3,946 Posts
2drz6, keep that gif on hand all the time. I may steal it as well

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
2drz6, keep that gif on hand all the time. I may steal it as well
I have had that for a while. It aint going nowhere lol.

I will cut you a 2 for 1 deal and only expect $20 each time this one and the sloth one is used lol

·
Registered
274 Posts
If I had 2.5gs to spend on a civic...

I would leave the z6 head COMPLETELY stock... Unless you already bought that shit

Put Eagle rods and good forged pistons in (Arias, Wiseco, cp, ect.) <that's about $800

New main and rod bearings <around $100

All gaskets and seals <bout $200

Block bored to .5 over what your current bore is. Have block and head decked. <around $200

Port the head (free if you do it yourself)

then the rest spend on a turbo kit, injectors, and get a good tune. You'll be able to go over 300whp if you want to with this setup.
I Agree with him. You'll find that 2,500 goes up in air quick, but it can be done and if you think about it, 300hp for 2,500 isnt bad. You can still make fun power out of stock rods though if your trying to stay on the cheaper end of costs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright boost it is I will do a post of the build and how it does on the dyno. Next spring I will be able to saved enough to do a complete built motor with no part left out. So thanks for the help, now let's see how the turbo install goes I found a guy with a complete turbo system used minimal he says for 1500 I like the idea that the systems been fitted already also comes with walbro 255 fuel pump I still need to supply injectors but everything else is there he says. Is there anything I should be looking out for on the setup/missing parts that could get expensive quick the find/replace ?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Check wear/ shaft play on the turbo itself and ask him why he decided to get rid of it. Run your stock injectors until your ecu is tuned for the bigger injectors or you could wash the cylinders out very quick

also go for a ported OEM oil pump and oem 98 ex MLS head gasket

1 - 12 of 12 Posts