Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm running a 93 civic hatchback with a 37820-P06-A01 ECU... its a 1.5 manual... I race at a local 1/2 mile circle track, now the problem i'm having is the rev limiter... I'd like to run in second gear but i'm hitting the rev limiter a couple seconds before i need to let off.... so I have to run smaller tires in third and its just way to doggy.... what I would like to do is remove the rev limiter.... and of course a better fuel map would be nice but I have no idea where to get a chip from??? ebay is out of the question.. my main concern in a chip is removing the rev limiter, I'm running a STOCK engine, I cannot do any modifications to the engine (against the rules) and I know removing the rev limeter is dangerous but its a 93 civic withs 250k miles on it..... if it blows I build a new car lol please any help on where to get a decent chip as cheap as possible... in a sense this is a disposable car so I dont want to invest large amounts of money, thanks in advance!!!!!!

Mike

·
Registered
duh
883 Posts
(a little off your topic)
Ever try shifting between 2nd and 3rd?
Come out of the corner in 2nd, shift to 3rd at rev limit, downshift back into 2nd going into the next corner, repeat.
One guy at my track in a 4 door Integra used to do it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've tried it, its too much of a pain... i lose time doing it, and i like to double foot it, one on the gas one on the break jammin both of them in the corners lol... i would be to third for about 3 seconds before i'd be shifting back to second... kind of pointless... if i kick the rev limit, or bump it up i can run the last 5 or so seconds on the backstretch before i let off in the corner

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
"Getting rid of" a rev limiter is really stupid. If you need to raise a limiter, that might be OK.

Do you have aftermarket valve springs installed? If not, you are going to run into valve float issues if you rev too high.

What transmission, tire size and speeds are you running?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts