Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
you dont have the throttle cable bracket on your intake manifold. That is what those 2 holes on the "shelf" near the throttlebody are for.

Hop on ebay, might find one with bolts for 10 or so bucks, maybe more

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you dont have the throttle cable bracket on your intake manifold. That is what those 2 holes on the "shelf" near the throttlebody are for.

Hop on ebay, might find one with bolts for 10 or so bucks, maybe more
Hey man! I know it’s not in the picture but I do actually have the bracket! There is still quite a bit of slack in the line

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
from the factory it leaves the firewall, goes up and left of the brake master reservoir, and loops over to the bracket/throttlebody.

It is NOT supposed to be a rigid, tight setup.

Having a picture showing this slack would be helpful, rather than a picture that shows a part missing that you say you have.

Once we have a picture, we can call it factory style, or call it as a long cable.

My civic has the factory d16y7 throttle cable, and I have to loop it entirely over the motor with my d16y8 intake manifold setup. Perhaps this is the case for you? But from the picture I see a standard sized cable

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
from the factory it leaves the firewall, goes up and left of the brake master reservoir, and loops over to the bracket/throttlebody.

It is NOT supposed to be a rigid, tight setup.

Having a picture showing this slack would be helpful, rather than a picture that shows a part missing that you say you have.

Once we have a picture, we can call it factory style, or call it as a long cable.

My civic has the factory d16y7 throttle cable, and I have to loop it entirely over the motor with my d16y8 intake manifold setup. Perhaps this is the case for you? But from the picture I see a standard sized cable
Looping it around the master may be my problem! I’ll re try my setup and take another picture! Thank you!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
It is possible that throttlecable bracket is for another intake manifold.

Either way, I would adjust that cable so it is a bit more snug than that.

The cable itself (from firewall to TB) looks perfect

1 - 9 of 9 Posts