Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
99 accord ex/ 98 ek
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to buy a 92 civic cx but the car has a few mysterious wires under the dash

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,045 Posts
should plug into the fuse box

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
possibly nothing.

also one looks like it may go to the main relay.

does the car run?
Beat me to it. If it doesn't run there should be something to plug those into within the reach of the plugs.

I second the idea that one looks like a main relay plug. Should be right around the dead pedal.

·
Registered
99 accord ex/ 98 ek
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it does. But when it gets warn it idle like crap. It has a d16y7 with z6 manifold . I believe these came with a d15

·
Registered
99 accord ex/ 98 ek
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those are the pics I have. I like the car but I don't wanna jump into a wiring nightmare. Idk what's missing or what's going on. The car doesn't have ac, PS nor cruise. Control

Attachments

·
4,045 Posts
it almost looks like the cabin harness for power doors, but Ive been wrong before

·
Registered
EG8
1,055 Posts
The grey plug might be fusebox related. I have a spare main cabin harness but don't remember white plugs...

The white plug looks to have the wrong pins for a main relay...

I can't even find them in this pic (main cabin harness plus harness to rear of the car)

·
Registered
99 accord ex/ 98 ek
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It has a p06 ecu. I believe when the kid swapped the engine did it wrong it took a few short cuts? Idk . I work at a junk yard in Cincinnati and we have a few hondas in the ya4d, but I can't see those wires in any other Honda. I'm confuse

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
From the looks of it the light gray female plugs are for the gauge cluster and and the male is for the floor harness. But I might be wrong. The dark gray plug I don't know what that's for.

They might be for power windows. Really hard to tell from the pics.

·
4,045 Posts
chase em and see where they go

·
Registered
EG8
1,055 Posts
its probably for other features that the cx doesnt have like a tach etc.
I could be wrong, but I doubt that's for the tach?

But on the feature point, I did want to say cruise control module, but I think that's a 1 row style plug IIRC..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts