Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have looked high an low. have i found the answer. hell no. there is a ton of people out there telling you how to hook up an ex wastegate. but out of 100 people there is 77 differnt ways. this is mind blowing for me do to the fact that there is a bunch of turbo cars out there. so what the hell works what is the right way to hook an ex wastegate up. the bigest thing im having trouble with is the vac source. on the directions from tial it say to get it befor the throttle plate. an to do so i would have to tap into the ic pipe. i dont no why u couldnt just use an extra intake manifold port. an i would also like to no how people have there man boost controler hooked up.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Tap into the manifold.

Ive heard on internal wastegates that high vacuum could damage the diaphragm, but Ive never personally seen it and I know it wont happen to an EWG.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Honestly, after the IC and before the Throttle would be the best place (see reason in thread posted above), but if youre not running a really small turbo, dont worry about it.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
you can either T off of a existing vacuum source (like the fuel pressure regulator hose), or if you have a aftermarket intake manifold with ports in the back you can use those. only time iv ever had problems with a wastegate was when i was using a fitting off the compressor housing of the turbo. just find a exisisting vacuum source and use that and you will be fine :)

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
i was JW on my IC pipe for my integra i have a barb right by flange.....so if im understanding this right i could run that to the WG and be ok/??

·
Registered
431 Posts
did anybody notice how wrong bikeman's diagram is?

the vac source for the bov must be installed AFTER the throttle plate!
(boost gauge should be also)

wastegate source is before the throttle plate

but there is another thing i wonder - when you have ebc set up from ectune
you essentially have your wastegate set up from behind of the tp. that's
bothering me a little from going to this setup

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
do not tee your bov line....ever, your bov needs a dedicated line

you are making it way more difficult than it needs to be

techniqually you would tap a barb into your charge pipe by the throtal body, or you run it off the compressor housing and get boost sag in the upper rpms....this is way more evidnt in smaller turbos... or to a nipple on the intake mani, although like stated before it "could" cause diaphram failer from high vac....

your boosted....hook up a catch can and throw your pcv valve in the garbage...this will open a larg port on the intake mani....run that to a $25 ebay vacume block and run a line to your boost gauge, bov, and wastegate.....thats about as easy as it gets....even better if you have a spare mani or the motor not yet assembled, drill and tap in some barbs on the backside of the mani so everything will have a dedicated source....

bov you NEED off the intake mani as the vac will open the bov and boost and spring keeps it shut

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
boostcontrolllerdiagram.jpg

ok so like this.
the wastegate should go before the throttle plate.
an the bov an boost guage should be on there own port. after the throttle plate.

man i hope this looks good its starting to piss me off so im sure the people trying to help are ready to loose it aswsell. an i thank u all for not treating me like the dum ass i feel like at this point.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts