Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a chip from xenocron and the car runs great at idle but once you hit the gas it cuts out and wants to die! i can get it to rap out but it runs like crap!!!

now the car is tossing out a code 5???

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think it is the one off of the d16z6 cause my wires dont match up

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
checked the wires! 5-7 psi

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is the map diffrent on the crx to what is on the d16z6??? i was thining of changing out the map and the fuel injector resistor box and see what happens!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think in a previous post he said he was using dsm 450cc injectors, so the resistor box would be a good thing. Unless he is using a z6 wiring harness and I would imagine that a floor harness from a crx wouldnt mate up to a z6 harness

·
Registered
464 Posts
for shits and giggles (assuming you're using the stock harness)... get a "safety pin" and DE-PIN the outter 2 wires that goto the map sensors and switch them around (or clip and twist) .... what you are basically doing is "reversing the polarity" on the map sensor... Don't worry, it wont hurt your car.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok get this!!! it's a 1990 crx stock harness with a d16z6 i have no idea but it ran 40+k on this set up! then the turbo started giving me problems! so i swapped everything out! It runs fine at idle and some time it runs great at open thottle! now i left the map hooked up but took it off the thottle body and that cleaned it up! and i tryed and unpluged the fuel pump harness and it ran great for a while! now it runs in the green and when you rap it out it goes just above the green so the tune is ok for what i need! i just need it to run!!!!

·
Registered
464 Posts
so u disconnected the map from the TB... NOT GOOD
and you did WHAT to the fuel pump harness?

DO NOT TRUST THE DISCO LIGHT (narrowband A/F gauge)

replace everything back stock!!!! and find someone local w/ a burner

if you dont, YOU'RE RUNNING THE RISK OF BLOWING YOUR MOTOR!!!!!

Dr. Mike

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that was on a wideband, and i just wanted to see what happens? you never know! i went ang got a new crx map and resistor box going to try it and see what happens

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
what was your order #? or the name it was placed under. I just want to take a look at the details you provided. You'll want to fix any cel's and have everything hooked up, do not leave your map unhooked.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Order Number: 1128

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i found out if you unplug the tps while running it runs fine and raps [email protected]! could my thottle body be bad???? any luck on the chip?

no luck with the new map and res box.

·
Registered
76 Posts
stupid question but did you mix up your map and tps sensor while changing things around?that will cause the same problem your having with it not wanting to rev.if you had them mixed up.happened to a guy i know they will plug into each other.so could be easy to mix up.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
stupid question but did you mix up your map and tps sensor while changing things around?that will cause the same problem your having with it not wanting to rev.if you had them mixed up.happened to a guy i know they will plug into each other.so could be easy to mix up.
ive have seen a few peopl fall victim to this.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts