Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got one question and pls for those who get offended by it its not my intensions.Now i see some of these cars in this site that are turbo charged but why would you wanna throw in a turbo kit in a car that the engine is not even build.I mean its kinda sad to see cars that are turbo charged that are not even hitting over 200 horsepower now i think thats kinda pittyfull and funny. I just dont see the point unless you just wanna say my car is turbo charged and sound cool.Some one pls help me with this.I wanna no whats ualls opinion:hammer:

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,375 Posts
because some people dont need a gazillion whp... and turboing a sohc is cheaper and get more power than staying na... makes perfect sense to me
maybe thats why im doing it.. but ill be a bit over 200 whp... thats been shown to be good enough for high 12s....

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
why do people dump THOUSANDS into their n/a sohc to hit MAYBE 160hp?? or THOUSANDS into B swaps and make roughly the same power?

ill stick with my $800 turbo setup and roughly 200hp :roll:

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
wow, i guess its a good question.....................:hammer:

just one question though man............have you ever rode in a 200whp boosted d16 civc? I'm going to go ahead and assume not or you wouldnt be posting this thread. Just because it is only 200whp doesnt mean anything. yeah, sure most v6 cars are putting out 210-220 (to the crank) so about 180-190 whp, and they are slow................well, its different when its boosted and in a civic. ride in one and see if you still have the same question!!!!

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,375 Posts
i just happened to read another thread by you.. and you saying you got 10 grand in your motor.... i can now understand why you asked this question

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
i just happened to read another thread by you.. and you saying you got 10 grand in your motor.... i can now understand why you asked this question
wow, i just saw that thread, i didnt realize that was you................

im speechless.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts