Honda D Series Forum banner

121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
I cant even look at this thread because I want an S2K too much.
Trust me when i say do it....just ignore everything telling you no and just freakin do it

Looking good! I'm suprised they don't make you run a roll bar! Only convertible without a roll bar I've seen was an instructors car. All other participants were roll bar mandatory.
S2000's have factory rollover protection and are ok in most hpde's. There is solid metal bars under those plastic covers

Where did you get the lip from? is it OEM?

Those things are hard as fuck to find

I wish it was oem... just good ole ebay. Idont put expensive stuff that close to the ground :p fitment is 7/10. If i used the oem weatherstrip for it id say 9/10. It fit nearly perfect till i used the provided mounting kit that threw it off a bit.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
I need to update this.

parts ordered/waiting to go on

- omp seat(for the driver, current nrg will be moved to passenger)
- rci 5point camlock harness for driver(my old rjs latch 5 point for passenger)
- hard dog double diagonal rollbar
- 255/40r17 bridestone potensa re71r's
- ap2 exhaust valve retainers (ap1s are known to crack, must do maint item) and new gaskets
- ballade sports oil pan baffle
- gas hood strut conversion
- aem v2 intake
- NC Miata front sway bar with modded bracket for rear of s2k.

signed up for gridlife spring shakedown, gridlife time attack and Honda meet time attack

goals are a 1:45.xx this year

will have some pic soon, currently tucked away in the garage under her cover

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
I havent updated this in forever. I tripped and accidentally went full retard, lol. still a major work in project but is basically a full on Street Mod class time attack car.

but i miss all my dso homies!

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,005 Posts
is this the same scott that fell onto his evo?

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Well that escalated quickly.
kinda, the build remained relatively mild until last winter, i was going to piece together a mild budget turbo setup over the course of a couple years. next thing you know a couple months later im hacking the car up and just dove in head first. still a super budget built. i think i kept it under the $3k mark without sacrificing anything.
-inlinepro cast manifold
-hx35 (8-blade)
-tial 38mm w/g
-i welded up the 3" v-band downpipe and exhaust
-v-mount radiator and intercooler
-ebay intercooler piping
-ebay fake tial bov
-bosch 1300cc injectors
-aem fpr
-ebay surge tank
-aem 400lph surge tank pump (stock pump as a lifter pump)
-running e85
-oil filter relocation and cooler
-act hd pp and oem ap2 clutch disc (5-550whp capable setup)
-aem series 1 ecu
-aem wideband
-a bunch of sensor wired into the ecu
-fully ducted cooling system from the front bumper to out the hood
-im sure there is more im forgeting
-street tuned by mikey at touge factory but only about 80% done with tuning stuff, need to rent some dyno time for mikey to play with advanced boost controls and get boost by tps cooking and iron out a few other things.

but the thing can put some laps down with zero cooling issues. currently on 285 square re71s so i only get a outlap and about two flyer laps before the tires get greased up. i did do about 6-7 laps around autobahn cc at about 7/10th on the cars shakedown and car stayed 190-200* with 105* ambient temps.

is this the same scott that fell onto his evo?
not sure who that was but not me
But will it do sub 1:40 at Gingerman????

Gonna be Gay for Jabaay after PRI?
unfortunately not yet so i dont have a track midwest opinion :LOL:. shooting for 38s next season, still working out setup bugs. mostly i have some alignment issues that were causing issues, i was hyper focused getting the turbo/engine setup dialed i neglected some suspension components, tried to drive through it but found the limits. seized camber adjuster in the rear so im stuck at like 1.9*, caster is way fucked, front sway bar endlinks started stripping out and are loose, and overall needs a bushing refresh.

also why wait till after pri

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,005 Posts
there was another member on here with a 500hp ek named scott too. my bad lol

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,251 Posts
kinda, the build remained relatively mild until last winter, i was going to piece together a mild budget turbo setup over the course of a couple years. next thing you know a couple months later im hacking the car up and just dove in head first. still a super budget built. i think i kept it under the $3k mark without sacrificing anything.
-inlinepro cast manifold
-hx35 (8-blade)
-tial 38mm w/g
-i welded up the 3" v-band downpipe and exhaust
-v-mount radiator and intercooler
-ebay intercooler piping
-ebay fake tial bov
-bosch 1300cc injectors
-aem fpr
-ebay surge tank
-aem 400lph surge tank pump (stock pump as a lifter pump)
-running e85
-oil filter relocation and cooler
-act hd pp and oem ap2 clutch disc (5-550whp capable setup)
-aem series 1 ecu
-aem wideband
-a bunch of sensor wired into the ecu
-fully ducted cooling system from the front bumper to out the hood
-im sure there is more im forgeting
-street tuned by mikey at touge factory but only about 80% done with tuning stuff, need to rent some dyno time for mikey to play with advanced boost controls and get boost by tps cooking and iron out a few other things.

but the thing can put some laps down with zero cooling issues. currently on 285 square re71s so i only get a outlap and about two flyer laps before the tires get greased up. i did do about 6-7 laps around autobahn cc at about 7/10th on the cars shakedown and car stayed 190-200* with 105* ambient temps.

not sure who that was but not me

unfortunately not yet so i dont have a track midwest opinion :LOL:. shooting for 38s next season, still working out setup bugs. mostly i have some alignment issues that were causing issues, i was hyper focused getting the turbo/engine setup dialed i neglected some suspension components, tried to drive through it but found the limits. seized camber adjuster in the rear so im stuck at like 1.9*, caster is way fucked, front sway bar endlinks started stripping out and are loose, and overall needs a bushing refresh.

also why wait till after pri
View attachment 135513
HAHA, Not sure if I'm staying around Friday night for the karting track after PRI, but I'll be there Thursday and Friday.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
fuckin' snazzy .

any holsex closeups?...

what kind of iat's do you see with this?
it'd take some serious digging to find those logs. we logged it a few times and they were great so i didnt bother continuing to log them. the aem series 1 ecu is pretty old and when i log i have to select what parameters to log. the underhood temps are comparable to stock though. e85, turbo placment and cooler ducting has a huge effect on temps. the intake filter location in next to a large hole into the fenderwell behind the headlight. next spring i can do some logs though. ive been thinking of grabbing a cheap 8" windows based tablet that i could mount in the car while on track. that would allow me to datalog on track, i did do one semi chill session this past october with my buddy al (dreamer on here) holding my laptop in the passenger seat so i could get some data on track but really its pretty unsafe.

dont mind the super sloppy look here, it was either during tear down or reassembly after spinning a bearing in the original engine. i had to notch the frame rail to fit it down there but that is a pretty typical of the inline pro cast manifold.

121 - 134 of 134 Posts