Honda D Series Forum banner

81 - 100 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
EG8
1,055 Posts
Saw this and thought of your car, had no idea you were actually getting it ready for a track day. This is not everyones cup of tea, but it is not a street car, unlike yours. I have seen a ton of s2k's lately, must be the next Honda thing. Im in.

Lol, What is Downforce said the S2k?

How do you like those Rs3s?

Car looks good! Any videos?

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
i love the r-s3's i cant believe they arent a r-compound how sticky these get. say what they want there is no way in hell this is a 200tw tire

NO STREET RACING VIDEOS (this includes doughnuts in open parking lots)

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
pretty shakey, not one of the faster runs but it was recorded.

·
Registered
EG8
1,055 Posts
Nice! What mount are you using? Maybe you can try attaching the camera to the mini window behind the seats. Wonder if it will help?

Haha... I wish the tires weren't out of stock >.< So antsy to get them also!!

Although Saturday, I may be able to do my own video similar to your first video :p

Is this still your daily? It's funny I was just watching Moog and his S2k build and he said the same thing about the suspension. You can get a pair of swift springs for about 170 IIRC. Lmk if you can't find them for that price!

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Nice! What mount are you using? Maybe you can try attaching the camera to the mini window behind the seats. Wonder if it will help?

Haha... I wish the tires weren't out of stock >.< So antsy to get them also!!

Although Saturday, I may be able to do my own video similar to your first video :p

Is this still your daily? It's funny I was just watching Moog and his S2k build and he said the same thing about the suspension. You can get a pair of swift springs for about 170 IIRC. Lmk if you can't find them for that price!
car will be getting a set of swift spec r springs. havent really priced them out.

as for the mount its just harrys lap timer on my phone. my old droid razr had the verizon mount and it was SOLID. i have the note 3 now and verizon doesnt make one so i had to go with some chinese crap, as you can see....it doesnt work so well. plan is to take the new phone clip part and plastic weld it to my old mount. should work and be more solid.

i mounted my go pro back there. i was about to leave and i was like....well lets toss a couple zip ties just in case....yeah good thing i did! i got done with the session and its sitting in my soft top. zip ties saved it from being lost, suction cup let go.

and my daily has been a 2006 ridgeline for a couple years, before that was a gsr 4 door and before that was my 03 pilot, the pilot i still have but its my wifes now. gsr was sold and money used as a down payment on the ridgeline

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Fixed.....or

Um i dont fucking think so..... aside from the fact they forgot to blend the blend panels the hood looked liek it was painted outside during a dust storm with a knat infestation....so another coupke weeks go by and i get that lovely call.

I also took this oportunity to order up a lip and have it painted from the same can as the restof the fro t end for a perfect match

All better......uh.....wrong. so the ssue witht he steering and vibration i kept telling them about continually overlooked...i refused to take the car as repaired. 3.5weeks later the steering rack they found to be damaged finally arived....2.5weeks late. They also found an engine mount that had torn

Long story short i finally have my baby back after 2 very long months. Time to get to work for the upcoming season!

Signed up for:

Gridlife hpde
gridlife time attack
top hat racing gingerman event
itrexpo

Awaiting tickets for wmhm to go on sale. Also plan to possibly do the season opener. For sure the season year end track party. mix in a few furrin autox events and maybe a midnight madness or two and i have a busy summer planned

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
also wing game has been stepped up. And seibon mugen style hood(has decent scratch in it) and not pictured is a set of apr carbon gt mirrors in very used condision

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Same here....it was easy with the civic. I was usually rebuilding something at this point. The engine half torn apart....the S is just sitting there in the garage in attack mode saying "drive me, drive me"

Think i might attempt to install the wing today.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I miss driving my S, it's too cold and icy and salty to bring mine out :(
Better then you being to cold and salty to bring it out I suppose.

OP - Sucks they dicked around, seems everyone cuts corners now, glad you held strong and made them make it right. Glad to hear you are back in possession and set up for races. I follow the ITR expo look forward to seeing your car out there, especially with its new carbon bits.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
good stuff, come find me at itrexpo!

i like it....i like it alot. just fitted, everything needs to be tightened and more imprtantly threadlocked. then i need to dial in my AoA on the wing blade

height differance from the gtc200

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
My honderps

AoA is dialed in at 3.5°

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
I daily drive mine, I refuse to have another car I cant drive year round.
I had to get through 5 blocks of slush to get to a cleared road today in mine and I was sideways the entire time (not trying to be either) you're crazy

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Truth! Although i see hope...looks like ill be driving it all next week :) fock 46° is strait top down weather :p

Im excited for spring

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I had to get through 5 blocks of slush to get to a cleared road today in mine and I was sideways the entire time (not trying to be either) you're crazy
Yup drove through a few miles of that yesterday. I have some good all season tires which makes a big difference.

81 - 100 of 134 Posts