0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what the best turbo end tell me a page to order
for shiping to portugal

·
Neighborhood Asshole is Back!
02 BMW; 00 Civic EX
1,892 Posts
you seriously need to do some research and read some threads and come back with a more specific question.... there are so many variables that go into that that i cant even begin to start to give you a reccomendation

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
spoon_E_T said:
what the best turbo end tell me a page to order
for shiping to portugal
Do u want more top end or low end? U have to decide whats best for u. U need to take your time a search the site on turbos & engine management. If u really want to just slap on a turbo then get a greddy kit/apexi/etc.

I get the feeling u just want to slap on a kit and be done w/ it. Then ask some of the guys here whats the best turbo kit to buy.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
low end
bat please tellme wat speed can a low end turbo give
230\240 kmh?

·
Neighborhood Asshole is Back!
02 BMW; 00 Civic EX
1,892 Posts
spoon_E_T said:
low end
bat please tellme wat speed can a low end turbo give
230\240 kmh?
you really need to do alot of reading about your car and then report back to us with additional questions. A turbo isnt gonna give you more top speed as your ecu most likely has the speed limited on it.

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
I've personally been in a Sohc Euro ZC Civic SI Hatch at 230KM/hour (130hp)
To hit 230-240km/h I would say 160-170hp should get you there. (Basically any turbo will do it)

·
Registered
1988 Civic Hatch
652 Posts
heh, my ef hits 130 with just a cam, intake and exhaust, and the poopy 4 speed

...and, its just a lil ol' jdm D15B non-vtec

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Second the engine code is like the EX(D16Z6) but instead its a D15 not D16 just 100cc less. Also i can feel the vtec kick in about 4.8-5k and at 2.5k or below the economic green light lights up indicating the car in in econo mode, thus this proves that it had vtec-e (for low rpm )but also it seems to have vtec(for higher rpm). Today i just ordered my AEM V2 and i asked the guy who was selling it and he said that my car was an EX mini me, but no one has still provided me with enough infomation to confirm this. i am its like my car has the EX engine Z6 part and then just stuck a VTEC E D15

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First of all: I'm new to this forum.

I came upon this topic through google.

Now for the topic.

What Civiclsi15 says is correct about the vtec-e and the econo light.
also he's correct about the 2500rpm thingy.

Let me explain:

This enginerange=>D15Z6, D15Z8 is known as the economic vtec's

they are 1.5l 16v with vtec.
they have 84kw or 114/115Bhp.

They could be nearly the same as the USDM D15Z (I don't know this for sure as i'm from belgium and i don't have the technical details from the D15Z engine.)

how they work.

the engine only uses 12valves when you are easy on the gas and stay beneath the 2500 rpm zone.
In 2nd,3rd, and 4th gear taht is.
In fifth gear they stay in te 12v mode(=econo=green light in console) until you reach the 120km/h mark.

also the Vtec kicks in @ 3800rpm and the redline is 7000rpm(could be 7100 also)

as far as I know this engine doesn't seem to be available in the US.
only in the EU regions

I hope that this info could be of some help in finding out which car you have.

If anyone of the americans on the forum here could lay his/her hand on some tech. info about the D15Z engine and you can/will send it to me you would have my everlasting thanks.

Because: the D15Z range of our EU models is NON tunable.
I mean there are no known parts for it.

So i'm trying to find as much info about the D15Z range as I can get.
Because I want (like most of us) more power.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
D15Z8 Is 3 Stage VTEC, NOT VTEC-E, here read bottom artical

http://asia.vtec.net/article/d15b/

I have one and its great, And because the Cat is in the front manifold, you get 25BHP from getting a new headder, im currently running 140BHP from megan 4-2-1 Manifold, AEM Inductinon kit with carbon fibre box, and Sports exhaust, not bad from a 115BHP standard engine, Plus if you drive in ECONO mode or Lean Burn mode as its called, i can get 50MPG! The engine in question is no more NON tunable then any other honda engine, You can get new intake,Pistons,Fule rail,fule regulator,cam shafts,cam pullys,cam gears, induction kits,Turbos,Superchargers, The lot, Oh and mine is the UKDM D15Z8.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts