Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to build a dedicated autocross car to compete in Street Modified, and I'd like to use a D-series. I will be using an EF hatch chassis, and some sort of D-series (probably non-VTEC).

I only pay a 100 lb. weight penalty for forced induction, so it makes sense to me to add some type of forced induction.

Turbocharging is out, because I have not liked turbos in my 6 years of autocrossing (many of which I was driving a WRX).

Supercharging is really the answer (in my opinion) to the need for corner-exit torque at autocross speeds.

Any links/suggestions/manufacturers would be great.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
mikeD16Z6 said:
To my knowledge Jackson Racing is the only one for the D.
x2, I've heard of people making a vortech for a b16 work, but you'll need to do more fab work than it would be worth.

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
A quick spooling T28 turbo setup could help you get out of the corneres quicker too, and have more potential.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
nopi.com, summitracing.com, mossmotors.com

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
Try to find a small rotrex unit and fab it in where the a/c was...
I saw a small brand new rotrex go for 350$ on ebay last year...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Supercharger link on TheOldOne site is broken, but I did get a chance to look at their components page.

Their adaptor kit looks interesting, but I'd still have to source the supercharger.

JR, as mentioned, does not list out a D-series blower anymore.

Well, I guess I'll just have to wait it out until I get my 65 posts in, then put a WTB in the classifieds section...

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
It would be awesome if someone could fab up a Mercedes Kompressor to fit our motors... eaton m62 is a great unit

Still... I'm very happy with my turbo... I have more torque from 3400 rpm than any NA d or b I've seen, and I don't even have a BB unit.
If you get a GT28R the throttle response is instantaneous. there is almost no lag. Just like a supercharger without the pumping losses.
If you want to keep power low and spool even faster, ditch the intercooler when autoxing and run 5-8psi (same pressure as a JSRC which is also non intercooled)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts