Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive got a y7 in my 90 ed7 still obd0. Motor is stock except for the 272 delta cam. Ive got a pg7 and pm6 ecu. What ecu should i use. Thier both not chipped.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
do you have a conversion harness? i think that the pm6 will put it into limp mode,someone please correct me if im wrong.wait did you use your IM? if so use the pm6 and you should be ok... I THINK

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
you have to use a si or hf dizzy if you want to run obd0, the pm6 should do fine if the motor is wired up right

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
simple answer pg7 will dump more fuel and if i remember correctly little more aggressive timing, but i'm sure has you know tune the thing would be better.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Neither are appropriate. Chip either one and muck about with your maps yourself. I would suggest the PM7 (NOT the PG7) fuel maps that are smoothed out a bit (the +1PSI column is wonky on the stock maps) and the PM6 timing maps, as the Y7 has much, much less need for timing to make power due to the more efficient combustion chamber design. The PM7 maps would be far too advanced IMO, even with the big cam. Granted, that is up to you to ultimately determine, as I am just speculating. I am pretty sure about the PM7 timing maps being too advanced and also that the fuel maps, with a little bit of tweaking, would be about right.

I haven't seen the stock maps for the PG7 stuff. The USDM integras made less power than the DOHCs from japan due to different cams and intake manifolds. The maps are different, I just don't know how much.

Chipping the ECU yourself costs very little to do by yourself. You ahve two, so, if you screw one up, you have another one to use. Also, the 272 cam is notoriously hard to get running right. You will be tweaking things yourself, anyway, so why not learn how to do it now?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I chipped a po5 ecu a few years ago. It was suprisingly easy. My only problem is i dont own the rest of the equipment atm. no laptop, no chip burner or any kinda datalogging equipment. So i guess i could chip it but tweeking it would be impossable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts