Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
sportlines will be really close to that drop, I ran mine with stock struts for a while before I got my illuminas

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Why would you wanna be on stock struts? You should have aftermarket struts especially w/ a drop like that.

If its the $$$ thats holding you back then. Save the $$ until you can get the aftermarket struts. You'll blow out those stock struts in no time.

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
Why would you wanna be on stock struts? You should have aftermarket struts especially w/ a drop like that.

If its the $$$ thats holding you back then. Save the $$ until you can get the aftermarket struts. You'll blow out those stock struts in no time.
ive been lowered for at least 6 months if not more.. a substantial drop on stock struts... they finally just blew yesterday lol

get somethign adjustable... i like being able to raise my car if needed. but be able to do it with the turn of a wrench... not swapping out springs

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
ive been lowered for at least 6 months if not more.. a substantial drop on stock struts... they finally just blew yesterday lol
Haha u must have some special struts lol. But u right it does depend on the drop. But it looks like he wants to be slammed. There's no way those stock struts will last over a month. Plus the ride quality is another thing he needs to consider w/ the size of the tires & rims combo he has.

Rease3- You need to also take into account that you'll need a camber kit and alignment. Not every1 does that, but i doubt you'll want to buy tires every 2 months b/c of immature tire wear.

·
Registered
2002 Impala 90 Civic
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

get somethign adjustable... i like being able to raise my car if needed. but be able to do it with the turn of a wrench... not swapping out springs
what are some good package thats adjustable...what you have on yours? give me options i think ima make mah dad buy them since he aint really get me nothing for xmas

Haha u must have some special struts lol. But u right it does depend on the drop. But it looks like he wants to be slammed. There's no way those stock struts will last over a month. Plus the ride quality is another thing he needs to consider w/ the size of the tires & rims combo he has.

Rease3- You need to also take into account that you'll need a camber kit and alignment. Not every1 does that, but i doubt you'll want to buy tires every 2 months b/c of immature tire wear.
i know i need a camber kit and an alignment my rear tires are bald in the inside from idn what but i wanted to get suspension work done b4 i replaced them all and hopefully get new 17"s i dont want it slammed but i want to b able to put like a finger or 2 in between the wheel gap...but i also want something adjustable 2 since is my dd for now till my accord gets fixed

·
Adia's Daddy
2004 Honda Element
3,364 Posts
i kinda want to make my tires tuck or mayb be able to fit 1 finger between the wheel gap like in my signature does any one know what springs will do that that will work with stock struts?
if it's looks your after, quick and easy setup would be H&R race springs with tokico illumina shocks :TU:

i put that combo in my friend's 96 integra. with 15x6.5" nippon pro spec-3s (buddy club replicas, same style as the rims on the civic in your sig) and 195/50/15 yoko avs tires, it looked killer :TU:

·
Registered
14 Posts
if it's looks your after, quick and easy setup would be H&R race springs with tokico illumina shocks :TU:

i put that combo in my friend's 96 integra. with 15x6.5" nippon pro spec-3s (buddy club replicas, same style as the rims on the civic in your sig) and 195/50/15 yoko avs tires, it looked killer :TU:
agree

·
Adia's Daddy
2004 Honda Element
3,364 Posts
well i hav 17's give me a good package...that will sit a lil higher that the 1 in my sig
the springs and shocks are what give you the tuck at the fenderwell. the lowest and safest tire you can get for a 17" wheel for a honda is 205/40/17. i'd still go with H&R Race on illuminas with said tires and it should be low enough for what you want :TU:

if you want to get your overall ride height lower, you need to make the wheel smaller and keep the smallest possible tire size on it. the lowest i know of would be 15x6.5 wheel with a 195/50/15 tire

·
Registered
2002 Impala 90 Civic
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the springs and shocks are what give you the tuck at the fenderwell. the lowest and safest tire you can get for a 17" wheel for a honda is 205/40/17. i'd still go with H&R Race on illuminas with said tires and it should be low enough for what you want :TU:

if you want to get your overall ride height lower, you need to make the wheel smaller and keep the smallest possible tire size on it. the lowest i know of would be 15x6.5 wheel with a 195/50/15 tire
that is the tire i have on my 17's so u say go with h&r with illuminas. who else thinks this is a good package?

·
Adia's Daddy
2004 Honda Element
3,364 Posts
that is the tire i have on my 17's so u say go with h&r with illuminas. who else thinks this is a good package?
i think the only lower springs are neuspeed race or intrax super sports both of which are 2.5" at all corners (intrax super sports aren't normally stocked by retailers and they're hit and miss on ebay). the neuspeed race are 2.5" F and 2.3" R if i'm not mistaken.

if you're going to go 2.0" or lower, id strongly recommend aftermarket shocks because oem units won't be able to handle so low of a drop without compromising ride quality. i have the illuminas myself and i love the adjustments on them and the ride quality you get with the various settings :TU:.

my friend that i installed the set on his integra really liked them as well

1 - 20 of 21 Posts