Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
arent copper plugs "better" than iridium, platnium etc...they just wear quicker?

just asking cuz im bout to replace my plugs but dunno if i should get ngk copper, ngk iridium or what...

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
It depends on the application. There are more and more better designs of plugs coming out, and more dynos proving certain plugs work better in certain applications. Try what works best for you. Most of the time, though, it is hard to beat NGK V-powers for price and availability.

·
Registered
98 Civic CX-T on E85
1,797 Posts
been running bkr7e's gapped @.028 for the last 4 years and have had no issues

·
Registered
92 cx
930 Posts
I'm sure the ngk v-power's are the best bang for the buck, but i was lookin around and found these brisk plugs with a silver center electrode and have recessed grounds (to increase flame front) that are jagged to get a better ground.

Only lamborgini uses them on all their cars. I've found dyno sheets showing they average atleast 3.5whp and 5lb/tq increase. Prolly like 1-2whp and tq on my car tho lol.

But UTI students tested them on a mustang and got like 10whp and tq something crazy for a spark plug. Even turbo cars can find a great increase from these brisk plugs.

·
Registered
92 cx
930 Posts
I just bought a set of brisk racing silver plugs for my ls/vtec, ill let you guys know if i feel a large difference.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts