Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Shoot me!
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing some reading about 2 step colder plugs for forced induction.Does anybody know the ngk plug numbers for 2 step colder.And how i can go about getting a set. When ever i go to the store they only have the stock ones when i ask about colder plugs they look at me crosseyed and ask why I try to tell them i just put a turbo kit on my car. And then they ask me why would i do that.I like to shot people sometimes.

·
Registered
406 Posts
hey man just tell them to pull out the ngk book dude, i worked in a parts store and always had to look up that shit for the rednecks for their "racecars" n stuff. i don't know right off hand about ngk but i know like with acdelco the standard plug for a 350 chevy is usually rj45, but can run an rj44 which is colder. if i remember right, thats why they have that huge rack full of catalogues, if they looked at you cross eyed then they are just stupid, ask to speak with the manager, they USUALLY know what the hell your talking about,lol

O

·
0 Posts
YEs they cost that much, the BK does NOT have a resisrot and the BCPR does. if you have a nice radio, then you want the BCPR, otehrwise you can use the BK

·
Registered
836 Posts
YEs they cost that much, the BK does NOT have a resisrot and the BCPR does. if you have a nice radio, then you want the BCPR, otehrwise you can use the BK
Ok, I know how different heat ranges for plugs work, but what's the difference between a plug with a resistor and a plug without, and how does it affect a radio? I'm guessing something with ignition frequency...?? I don't want to screw up my $400 Alpine head unit...

-spd.

·
The H Badge is it!
5,657 Posts
Hellhatch said:
That sound a little better for a second there i was shit might have to take out a home equity loan to get spark plugs.Cool! Thanks for the info on the radio.
i was thinking the same thing lol... the spark plugs would cost more than the turbo!

C

·
0 Posts
spdracer22 said:
I just picked up 8 NGK BKR7E's from Advance for $1.68 a piece. Just gave them the number.

-spd.
There you have it...best plugs for the money
Gap them to .030 and call it a day.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts