Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of trying a solo event this year and was trying to sort out what class my CRX would be in, I will try and cover all the mods that i can think of, slotted rotors, 16x7 slips, custom/greddy exhaust, d16z6 swap with turbo, skunk2 coil overs, traction bars. um i think thats about every thing that would affect me. any ideas on what class i would be in?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
You'll have a tough time being competitive, but you'll probably have a lot of fun ;)

·
Formally known as SPONSOREDCRX
3,566 Posts
:hijacked: lol, sorry.

what would mine be in?
sohc zc engine and trans
1.56 3rd gear and stock 3rd as 4th
LSD
steelies with stock size tire
I/H/E
Stock cat
pm7 pistons
head milled .040 w .030 headgasket
level 3 bisi cam
Ported intake side with port matched z6 mani or ITBs
lightweight flywheel and stage 3 clutch
Chipped PM6 or SAFC II

I think thats it.

·
Registered
honda del sol
557 Posts
:hijacked: lol, sorry.

what would mine be in?
sohc zc engine and trans
1.56 3rd gear and stock 3rd as 4th
LSD
steelies with stock size tire
I/H/E
Stock cat
pm7 pistons
head milled .040 w .030 headgasket
level 3 bisi cam
Ported intake side with port matched z6 mani or ITBs
lightweight flywheel and stage 3 clutch
Chipped PM6 or SAFC II

I think thats it.
crx aswell...? still sm2 hit up scca.com under the solo section and read the rules, as you are supposed to know and properly understand them for competition.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Yeah that's another one for SM, or SM2 if it's a CRX. I wasn't sure with the transmission mods, but it looks like those are allowed. SM is a pretty free for all class. As long as the same company makes the body, power plant, and transmission ... and it runs on pump gas, you can pretty much do whatever you want.

·
3,566 Posts
I was looking at the Street Touring class.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
There's too much done to your engine for the street touring class, there are no allowances for bigger cams, or other head work. Your transmission modification is not allowed for in the street touring class either. Heck just port matching your intake manifold bumps you out of street touring ... and ITBs definately will.

edit: The engine swap automatically puts you in SM, there are no allowances for swaps in the ST classes. Funny that I didn't think about that first.

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys , i was also looking to try and run some road courses, the cones only using first and second gear isnt exactly my cup of tea but i figure might as well try it, but road course is my real goal, i wish i could find a place to race close by.

·
Registered
999 Posts
SM2.. where youll get your butts handed to you by vettes, miatas, and crazy rx7s

·
3,566 Posts
thanks guys , i was also looking to try and run some road courses, the cones only using first and second gear isnt exactly my cup of tea but i figure might as well try it, but road course is my real goal, i wish i could find a place to race close by.
x2. There is a event at Sebring International Raceway (maybe some of you heard of it) on May 31st and June 1st. You get to run the whole track but my stock brakes wouldnt hold up to all the heat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts