Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im going to be starting my biuld soon and i want to run the ss fuel line in the engine bay and replace that firewall mounted filter with either a summit or earls filter, i saw a shit load of different kinds example, 35 microns 80 microns and so on, does anyone know the right one to use to filter properly?

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its ugly lol, and i know looks dont always matter when you just want a fast reliable car, but since im going to be biulding a new motor for boost, fresh paint, wire tuck and all that stuff i want it to look clean also, i saw on here were someone posted a pic of his engine bay and had the earls fittings with the fuel pressure gauge, ss lines and an earls fuel filter with ss line running straight to the firewall, looked clean as hell.

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
oem will most likely be more then enough for what you will be building for. kinda like when guys get AEM fuel rails and run 250whp. when the oem rail will do that no problem. just kinda a waste of money if ya ask me. but its your money and your car bro.

·
Registered
1994 EH9
616 Posts
gotta say im with everyone else,just get an oem one. If its ugly,then do sumthing you would like to it,maybe a little glitter and sum hello kitty stickers. Whats more jdm then hello kitty

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well ok i guess ill stay with oem, still dont understand whats so bad about the earls filters. thanks for the hang youself pic, awesome.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
well ok i guess ill stay with oem, still dont understand whats so bad about the earls filters. thanks for the hang youself pic, awesome.
For one, it really is a waste of money. The OEM filter does a good job, if its not broken, why fix it? Also, gasoline does not contain the usual contaminants of other fuels, such as diesel and kerosene Wich usually have bacteria and fungus growing in them. Gasoline is partially alcohol, killing any living organism in it. Because gasoline is more abundant and more widely used, it is up to a higher standard than that of diesel as well, more demand for it causes a very high turnover rate, keeping the tanks cleaner at gas stations. Also filters may be harder to find than OEM. just my 2 cents.

·
Let's Go Oakland!
99 EX - 13 EX
4,222 Posts
isnt there a thread on here about why NOT to switch to the earls or any other after market one? Or was that a diff forum.. some guy had it like mounted under the car exposed to the elements and shit...

its pretty simple bro.. search.. if you don't find a substantial amount of threads or posts proving its a for sure thing then go for it. Since you have not.. OEM is your answer and there wouldn't be a need for the post.

EDIT: OH SNAP 1k'th post. ok my 15 seconds is over ^_^

·
Registered
431 Posts
i have a clean ass bay, tucked and all. im still rocking the oem fuel filter!!!! i just cut some of the hard line and moved it to a better location. out of site and oem. hope this helps, be creative:p

·
Registered
636 Posts
why dont u take buy a new oem and do what someone else did and paint the bracket and filter to match your paint scheme. it will look good and save you money.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts