Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
D-series wise guy
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... I don't think that I've ever seen this question asked, so I'm asking. What size piping did people choose for their turbo setup? Also, if you have a pre-fab kit (i.e. greddy, edelbrock, etc.), then what size piping came with the kit?

Also, how much power are you making on that setup. Just trying to get information on what sized piping will support what levels of HP and what impact the piping size has on boost delay.

O

·
0 Posts
msit prefabed ktis usually come with 2.25" turbing. i'm using 2.5" in my project. some use 2.75" but I personally think that's a bit over kill. why? well volume and flow rates si why. too much volume to fill causes flow rates to decrease andd thus loss of performance. same way with putting a hughe intercooler on a tiny turbo setup. you'll loose power instead of gaining.

anotehr case in point, if using anythign larger than 2.5" was better, then why is it most pro cars not just drag but any sport that has a turbo use no larger than 2.5" piping? if your not boosting over lets say 16 lbs the 2.25" piping is just fine for you.

hope that helps answer your question and offer some details.

O

·
0 Posts
that's a heck of a lot fo size changing. I don;t know about any of you, but from what i knwo on simple physics the more changes made, the more you loose volocity and flow

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yeah, I like to stick with a solid 2.5" all the way. Some people say that 2.5 and 3" are too big and cause lag, but I have never experienced the difference. That would be a pain in the ass to test.

J

·
0 Posts
We asked Chris Rado that same question. He said to use the same O.D. as the compressor outlet for the charge piping from the turbo to intercooler and to use 2.5 inch pipe from the intercooler to throttle body.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts