Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's my compression, whats wrong?

Alright tonight I did my compression test with a engine building buddy of mine. Civic with a b7/z6 mini me, stock everything. We did the test and found this: 210, 140, 190, 210. He thinks A) frozen injector B) possbly fuel filter. We did the test, because I was wondering why I have been getting 18 mpg, driving lightly. I have a s2 chipped p28, but with a b16 fuel map, and he and I both agree that is causing me to run very rich and killing my gas mileage. The spark plugs show signs of running very rich so we think that is the case of it.

We unfortunately did not give the car alot of time to cool, I drove it about 20 minutes and it cooled for probably 5. Let me know your input and if these seem like decent thoughts we are having to improve them.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Depends on what type of compression tester they use. A cheapo tester will yield different numbers from a Snap-On tester. When you get the numbers, post them up.

W

·
0 Posts
hold on i don't understand frozen injector or fuel pump is getting you less comrpession, or gas mileage, well do a leakdown, white smoke from pipe? take valve cover off does it look like chocolate? blue smoke from pipe? nether? maybe valve/valves bent?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, we think the frozen injector is what is killing my gas mileage. I am about to trade my skunk2 ecu for a stock p28 and see if that makes my gas mileage go up. We are trying to figure out what is up with my one cylinder that is so low on the compression.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
the numbers you gave are not good:
210, 140, 190, 210
which ever cyclinder the 140 is on is shot...you need to do a leakdown test on at least that cyclinder...that will help you decide what is wrong...the numbers should not differ any more than about 20 psi from cyclinder to cyclinder...find out what the leakdown test brings up and tell us...

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright cool, what all is involved in a leakdown test? Where can I get one done? I don't have all of the necessary stuff, still in school and live with the rents unfortunately. What does a leakdown test tell you? Just wondering what the numbers will tell me and where I can get one done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts