Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys it's time to decide on whaat engine management am going to use. Right now I'm running stock injectors tuned with a v-afc. but i can't run just the v-afc after i put my new D16Y8. It will have whats listed below:

D16Y8
Vitara pistons
Eagle rods
Npr rings
All King bearings
Apr head studs
walbro 255cc fuel pump
Golden eagle block guard
Rc 310cc injectors
T3/T4 T04E turbo kit

Please let me know what you guys think I should run?
Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
the afc hack will work for the setup you listed above, but i wouldnt reccomend it.

You need to swap to a chippable ecu, like a p28, if you havent already. Just chip it and find a tuner that will tune with uberdata or crome. You could even get hondata if you want to fork over the extra money, but i wouldnt do that unless you cant find a tuner that will tune with uber or crome.

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
i like hondata. if i hadnt already bought it, i probably would have given the tuner in rolla, mo a shot. i hope it works out for you. have you found out what he is goin to charge you yet.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
i like hondata. if i hadnt already bought it, i probably would have given the tuner in rolla, mo a shot. i hope it works out for you. have you found out what he is goin to charge you yet.
im assuming you are talking to me. If so, i havent heard back from him yet. I am going to give him a shout later this week. I hope he will work something out with the dyno tune.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Chipped p28 and run crome, vafc's are not the best and I can say that I noticed a night and day difference from when I switched to a chipped ecu running crome from the vafc. So much more power and it was free flowing, vafc's are junk!!!

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Also how your gonna tune it, more info!!!
yeah, like its been said many times, most of your numbers will be based on your tune. You can have the best setup ever and the tune can totally ruin it.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
your injectors will be holding that setup back. 200 is probably the most you'll see. pick up some rc550s or bigger.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my car is obd1 one already. but the motor isn't but i'm using everything off my d16z6 to convert it. how much is chrome?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts