Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey first off id like to say hello. i bought an 89 si hatch for a winter project car.
and iam just about done all the body work so now iam guna start building up the engine. i was guna do a 4g63 swape because i have a 97 talon sitting in the back but its been rotting there for like 5 years and it is past the point of repair and i didnt rele wanna do that much fabricating. so ive decided to stick with the d16a6 thats in it. my eventual goal is 250 whp with out using N20. the motors bone stock right now what should i do?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hahah thanks i already thought about that but should i do any internal work or just throw a turbo on her and give it a good tune?

·
Registered
544 Posts
you will not get to 250whp on a stock block, so i'd get some vitaras pistons and some Tuner Toy Rods, oo yea before everyone says "SEARCH" you might want to just take a look in the Forced Induction secetion becuase this had been asked many a time

·
Registered
1,211 Posts

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
z6 & a6 are diiferent. that like saying y7 & y8 are the same. (iirc) some of the guys on the site know the dude from epic tuning
yeah that's very very true, but is still a motor with stock internals

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok so iam thinking some aftermarket pistons and rod, a minime swap with a y8 or z6 (which is better in your opinon?) and a home made turbo kit any thing else i should do? and of of course intake and exaste oviously

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok so i was doing some research just now and i found out that most people are saying that v-tech is useless if your going to turbo it anyways. i plan on turboing it, so do you guys think i should just stick with the a6 head and spend the money on something else or still do the mini me swap with a z6?

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
yes vtech is useless if you are going to turbo it bc you might want to concentrate on driving and not talkin on your house fone.....
its personal reference if you want vtec or not..but IMO use the a6 head and use that money else where that is needed

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
a vtec head will flow alot better..... i ran a boosted y7 for about 1 year on 6-7psi with no problems though..........RIP for my new motor

so i leave it as... your personal preference.... turbo the a6 on 5 psi.... save some money up and build the block.. and throw a z6 head on.. you can find the heads for about 150$

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
That's also the exception, not the rule. There's way more people that have had rods break between 220 and 250 WHP, that's the only motor I've even heard of to go that high without letting go.
thank you for proving my point, yea its called a factory freak motor which none of my honda motors have ever been haha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts