Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a d16y8 that I am wanting to boost up to like 200 WHP and I am trying to find out what kind of upgrades I need to do to my motor to make this happen. I am wondering is the head and valve train good up to 200 or do I need to get a cam and valve train that is better. Also this is a daily driver so what kind of pistons and compression ratio do I need. I have a guy trying to sell me a T25 for 40 dollars so this is what sparked this idea. Also will I need an intercooler. How many HP will my stock crank hold up to or do I need a better one. Pretty much what internals do I need to upgrade to get 200 on a daily driven car. Also what kind of headaches will I run into wikth a T25 or should I buy a different one. Thanks

James

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I made 216whp/181tq @ 10 psi on my completely stock D16Z6. Here is a link to my setup... http://www.d-series.org/viewtopic.php?t=4983&highlight=uberdata

For 200whp you stock motor will be fine. I suggest doing lots of research before you do anything though. I would defintely get an intercooler also. Don't skimp on the fuel management either because that is the most important part (I would look into converting to obd1 and chipping your ECU and getting largers injectors). I love my T3 60 trim .60/.48 turbo and I would hate to have anything smaller like a T25, but if I could get a good T25 for $40 I would defintely buy it. My bigger turbo is great for daily driving because I can drive around all day and stay out of boost, but the power is always there. :wink:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey beer i meant to run this by u on my setup but is a 3 in downpipe too much on my d? i noticed you were running a 2.5 ??

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
http://www.boosted-hybrid.com/viewtopic.php?t=33

Looks like you will only see a little gain in performance at low boost, but a lot at high boost. I would have probably went with a 3 inch DP if I had the piping when we were making it (only had 2.5 inch). I am running full 3 inch exhaust with no cat though.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks alot for the info. SO if I P&P and get a turbo cam and upgraded valve train it would help but is not neede. Do you know anyone with a T25 because I am trying to find out how they like it. ALso how hard is it to put it on. Does anyone have a good write up on a turbo install on a Y8.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WHat is the best D block to turbo. Or are they all about the same.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone have a parts list of exactly what I need. ALso Beer your car looks great. I have got to get a turbo. Please let me know of any good sites that you have on Turbos. Also can you run ten and under PSI on my factory ECU with a VAFC or what do I need to do. Also what kind of management system do I need. I am sorry for the multiple posts.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SOrry again but do I need an HF manifold to run a T25? I am sorry but I am just getting started in this stuff.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks beer. that explains alot. 'ppeciate it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts