• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Curious George
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got Skunk2 intake manifold and y8 intake matched to 60mm, and both 56 and 60mm tb.

What should be the best choice ? I start with small IHI RHB5 turbo, probably later I'll go bigger, but still for daily driver, road race.

I have ported y8 head, bisi stage 2 cam for this turbo head setup.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Well MO I would just go with what you have and save the money for the sk2 and buy a golden eagle instead.

·
Registered
189 Posts
what he said. skunk2 are decent, but with forced induction the skunk2 will make less of a difference. just use the y8 with a nice chunky tb

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
I think an Edelbrock IM would complement your setup there nicely. The GE, Venom, sheetmetal IMs out there are pricey!

·
Curious George
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I already have a skunk2 manifold since 2 years. I have both of them.

Perhaps I should sell skunk2 manifold and buy something else in my turbo setup.

·
Registered
982 Posts
If you already have a skunk2, then just go with it. I have the edelbrock turbo kit. So far I only have the intake manifold installed with a 58mm TB and it made a noticeable difference. It is still NA with intake and header. I cant wait to put the turbo and exhaust and 60mm TB.

·
Curious George
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
then why not use a 70mm TB?
I already have 60mm tb, I don't have money to spend in a 70mm. My goals are still modest, But if I can gain with skunk2 over y8 manifold, I'll keep it that's it :)

That's why I want to have advices from people ever tried both of them, and what kind of gain I could get.

·
Curious George
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
guys, I did cut my skunk2 intake to make nice ITBS, and sold them after, I don't need advice on this thread anymore !

thank you anyways !

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
stock sent to chris M at http://www.polarbeartuning.com/

bet his big bore TB + Tb spacer + port matching the stock IM

cost me about 180 and it is a KILLER setup throttle response is amazing from everyone ive spoken to, havent installed it yet but will post a review once its all on

·
Registered
36 Posts
With a turbo bigger is better becuse in a NA engine it has to suck the air through so if you go too big it can hurt your performance but with a turbo pushing the air in the bigger it is the less the turbo has to push. Its easier to make more power but it may be a little bit more doggy on the low end but when the turbo kicks in who cares

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.