Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I have a 96 civic coupe with stock suspension, some 14 inch american racing wheels and some michelin all seasons in the front and bridgestones in the back, and I am looking into increasing the handeling capabilities of my car for a daily driver, maybe autocross sometimes. What would give me a better handeling out of the two? I will do both eventually, but want as most performance as I can get now. I would either spend my money on a good set of rims and tires, or on a good set of springs and shocks. So what would be better for handeling to do right now? Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
You should get some fully adjustable coilovers and swaybars...after that upgrade tires for more traction

·
Registered
see above
4,259 Posts
springs shocks and good tires will be the best bet.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I never reached the limits of my kumho 712's with the stock suspension, yea it did skid a few times on the track but after lowering and other mods the tires were being pushed much harder.

suspension then tires IMO.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What class to you plan on Autocrossing in?
That aside, I'd start w/ wheels & tires. Nothing will increas you hadling like good rubber.
Well, i am not really too worried about that. I havent had the chance to go to any autocross events yet. But my main concern is for a daily driver.

·
Registered
eg hatch
689 Posts
aight heres how ya do it- get some strut bars off ebay (yes they are cheap but they actually work very well), lower your car on some good coilovers (dont get random stuff of of ebay) but something nice like tien, or omniposwer coilover system (about 500 for the full system for omni but its worth it. so if u spend 65$ on the ebay strut bars u get the front and back upper strut bars and the front and back lower tie bars. then good coilover kit. if u have a stock sway bar leave it, in autox u want your ass to swing. find a good sway bar (22 or 24 mm integra itr rear sway bar, or suspension techniques.

ull be set more than alot of people who run apc coilovers over their stock shocks like 99.9% of true ricers do. (that was in no way a comment about people with bodykits, etc. i believe that a ricer is a idiot who thinks he knows something but jsut talks shit so he can look cool, in general a way of personallity not ones preference to how their car looks and perfroms)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts