Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
d-series smartass
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a chilton's, a haynes, and the 1000 page cd-rom for my 93 dx, and sometimes none of them are worth two shits. just the generic help and instructions. just wondering if there's something better out there? do i have to kidnap transzex to get good info?

G

·
0 Posts
I have used them all, but I think my favorite is probably the El-Cheapo Haynes Manual. Small, and easy to navigate... And did I mention it's cheap?

·
Registered
429 Posts
haynes is alright, but it just isn't as comprehensive as helm's.. plus, if you look hard enough, you can get a PDF helm's for free. If it's not in helm's and you can't find any help from googling it, the guys here are the best I've seen so far, and there's enough knowledge on D-series to answer any question you might have (IMO)

·
d-series smartass
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have the honda service manual on cd. it's a certified honda rip off. the haynes and chiltons are both very simple, but in certain cases, such as my iacv cel problem, they aren't really helpful. i just wanted to see what else was a available....

G

·
0 Posts
achilles1981 said:
haynes is alright, but it just isn't as comprehensive as helm's.. plus, if you look hard enough, you can get a PDF helm's for free. If it's not in helm's and you can't find any help from googling it, the guys here are the best I've seen so far, and there's enough knowledge on D-series to answer any question you might have (IMO)
I agree. The Helm's does have more info... But in it's paper form it is huge, expensive, and somewhat of a pain to navigate, simply because of it's size. When I am mid project, I usually don't feel like cleaning off my hands, pulling out my laptop, and searching through a PDF.

For these reasons, I like the Helms. I think it was like $13, so if it gets destroyed in my garage, it's no big deal... It has 99% of all of the info I ever need, and above all, it is easy to use to quickly look something up. For day-to-day use, it can't be beat!

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
Gabe said:
I agree. The Helm's does have more info... But in it's paper form it is huge, expensive, and somewhat of a pain to navigate, simply because of it's size. When I am mid project, I usually don't feel like cleaning off my hands, pulling out my laptop, and searching through a PDF.

For these reasons, I like the Helms. I think it was like $13, so if it gets destroyed in my garage, it's no big deal... It has 99% of all of the info I ever need, and above all, it is easy to use to quickly look something up. For day-to-day use, it can't be beat!
:werd:

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
Honda shop manual. I have it on CD...best manual i've ever used. I have all JDM/USDM/EDM models of 88-91 civic/crx... complete with wiring diagrams.

(If i could only find the damn cd)

·
d-series smartass
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice collection. i want all versions for that and my eg... i'll have to find them!

·
This one's for you, Duck.
Wait, what?
2,304 Posts
FSM hands down. It doesn't give you step by step instructions, but it's hte most detailied in terms of graphics and also torque requirements.

I

·
0 Posts
hell yea my civic manual is like 3000 pages..from bumper to bumper and even gear by gear rebuild of tranny...every nut/bolt trq rating, full wiring diagrams...I think the pdf is like 100 megs or so...theres nothing I haven't been able to find in it as far as repairs/parts go...it's all about factory repair manuals...they are the shit...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts