Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here is the dilema, if it can be called one.

I have a bone stock 93 Civic DX Hatchback. What is bone stock is the suspension. I just have a swap, and thats all. Riding on 195/55/15 tires.

I plan to drop my car next year in the summer.

My uncle gave me a front tower strut bar. Its the cheapo ones that are on eBay. Hey its free, so I took it.

Problem is that it has pivot points. I figure I'd just take it and see what it could do. Doesn't hurt to try it and learn what strut bars "could" do.

Now should I just try it the way it is, or is there a way to weld on a mount to it to get rid of the pivot points?

If there is no way, how do you suggest I secure the points so that it doesn't flex and move? I know I would have to tighten the pivots like a mad man, but could I do something else as well? Could I add some thread locker to the pivots? Could I add some "Amazing Goop" I have to my disposal?

Here are the pics.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I don't think that I would bother welding it or trying to secure the pivot points in anyway. If you weld it, it will more than likely just snap the welds the first real food flex in the chassis that you get. Anything like JB Weld or "Amazing Goop" won't hold under any sort of real chassis flex either.

For the time/money that you spend doing that you could just buy a Password JDM bar and save yourself the hassle.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heh I dont have 300 to spend on a strut bar. I got this one for free, so maybe I will just bolt it and see what it could do...

·
JDM Justin
95 del Sol
812 Posts
once you bolt that down it's not going to move

·
Registered
168 Posts
Bolt it on as it stands and let it rip. When you save up enough money buy something better. You are absolutely correct about the pivots though...so I would be surprised if you see any real handling difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts