Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Nissan 300zx
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well ive been searching around and looking up some things. i want to run a 100 shot on my a6. seems most people say a 75 is stretching it because obviously the rods and clutch werent designed to go from like sub 100 hp to well over in an instant.

so i figure to combat i was figuring run a NOS wet system with their progressive controller. you can custom tune it to make power anywhere in the rpm band you want.

so i figure get the 100 shot tuned with the controller to set on around 3k rpm and work its way up to full shot and taper off just before redline. would be somewhat better on the engine internals and should be a blast to drive.

the is an a6 with the a1 (or whatever0 pistons)

let me know some opinions on this.

·
Registered
1990 Nissan 300zx
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive read that before. i know all the precautions on it and stuff. but that doesnt address running the bigger shots safer. im figuring i could get away with the progressive controller because it will be customizable and have a set on not just boom power.

I figure setting it up on a tps switch and the progressive controller acts like a window switch. just wondering if anyone has used it or seen it in action or what their opinion is.

And im not afraid of throwing a rod, this car is just a fun car so i dont need it to run, just be fun when i want to.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
If you read through that sticky then you would have noticed in a few places that a stock setup could handle a 100 shot with the correct tune and nitrous system.

·
Registered
924 Posts
The progerssive controllers are hard on the solenoids. It makes them pulsate whinc is hard on them. You can use a 100 shot on a stock bottem end. I've gon as high as a 160shot on a stock bottem end. Just like any other set up, tunning is very important.

·
Registered
1990 Nissan 300zx
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The progerssive controllers are hard on the solenoids. It makes them pulsate whinc is hard on them. You can use a 100 shot on a stock bottem end. I've gon as high as a 160shot on a stock bottem end. Just like any other set up, tunning is very important.
thank you, thats the kind of info i wanted. what would you suggest for tuning? SAFC? or something a little more extreme? i would maybe like to up the revs a little (7500 limit now) to add a safe zone so i dont hit the limiter on spray. whats your best suggestion?

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic EX
525 Posts
Don't use a hack. That is asking for trouble. Do it the right way the first time and chip the ecu, it doesn't cost that much especially since your engine is at stake. If you want a higher rev limit then get titanium springs and retainers with a cam that will make power that high. While you are having your chipped ecu tuned for the cam and nitrous tell your tuner you want your rev limiter to cut spark instead of fuel then you don't have to worry about hitting your rev limit while using nitrous or you could just use a window switch... or both.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts