Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
eg hatch
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what does the y8 one look like i noticed from the z6 mani to the y8 that their is the previous sensor and then this one

are these the same but for the different emisssion systems?

·
www.rifftrax.com
1996 Civic Ex Sedan
1,517 Posts
the y8 iat sensor is round and black and goes in the stock intake box/pipe, not the manifold. the second picture is something to do with the evap system. i'm not sure what its called, but it has to do with the system that lets pressure off from the gas tank and burns the fumes.

·
Registered
eg hatch
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok so ill toss the evap away, buthow would i get a iat into a y8 mani? its theonly thing keeking me from the z6 to y8 im swap

·
Banned
998 Posts
u drill a hole in ur intake piping and screw the sensor into that.. and extend its wires.

^^^notice i said intake PIPING not to be confused with ur y8 intake

·
www.rifftrax.com
1996 Civic Ex Sedan
1,517 Posts
you can't screw the y8 sensor into anything, it isn't threaded. the way it goes into the stock intake is through a rubber grommet. what i did was put a small hole in the coupler by the throttle body and just pushed the iat sensor through it. i'm planning to get a plate welded onto my charge pipe so that i can put the z6 sensor on and actually bolt it down. if you're n/a then almost any cai or short ram intake that is made for a y8 will have a hole and rubber grommet in it already for the iat sensor.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
air intake temp- IAT...controls fuel
thats not what the IAT sensor does.. silly man :D

injectors control fuel flow
injector drivers in the ecu control the injectors
ecu controls the injector drivers

the IAT sensor is like the primary O2/MAP/TPS/CPS/CKY/etc, it just helps the ecu determine where on the map it needs to be for fueling and spark. IAT more effects spark, since the oem ecu has little control over fuel tables.

·
Registered
eg hatch
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if so, you can't get rid of that sensor. it will throw a code.
i actually can i used the evap sensor from the z6, drilled and tapped a hole so i could use the z6 one instead

as for the z6 iat, i think what ill do is hack the mounting for the iat off of the z6 and tig it to the mani, im always switching my intakes to the from the sri to the stack so i think im going to find a way to mount it to the mani

·
Registered
civic
2,211 Posts
thats not what the IAT sensor does.. silly man :D

injectors control fuel flow
injector drivers in the ecu control the injectors
ecu controls the injector drivers

the IAT sensor is like the primary O2/MAP/TPS/CPS/CKY/etc, it just helps the ecu determine where on the map it needs to be for fueling and spark. IAT more effects spark, since the oem ecu has little control over fuel tables.
maybe this is why its hard to start my car? what would happen if i disconnected it? not trying to highjack this thread but jc

·
Registered
97' Civic
723 Posts
if so, you can't get rid of that sensor. it will throw a code.

im running a p72 gsr ecu in my 97' civic dx with y8 swap (with obd2a to obd1 conversion harness ) and i don't throw a check engine light.....i dont even think i threw one with my y8 ecu.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts