Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 hatch
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the y7 and y8 blocks there is a sensor right behind the no 2 cyl. almost level with the deck. can anyone help me out and tell me what it is. i need to know cause my a6 block doesn't have one there.

·
Registered
96 hatch
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thats wierd this one had it, stock y7?? pulled out of a 2000dx

edit- wait im an idiot i've got 4 motors laying on my floor it's def. not a y7, wrong motor.

·
Registered
96 hatch
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for answering guys now heres part 2 of the question. my a6 blcok doesn't have one and i'm useing a y8 harness with a p28. should i not even worry about the sensor and just ignore the old plug?

pt 3- also there is a sensor called a thermoswitch om my a6 right next to the oil pressure sensor and there is no plug for it on my harness, any suggestions as to what to do. can i ignore this as well. whats this sensor do?

thanks again everyone i really need and appreciate your help.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
the p28 doesn't have knock sensor electronics so don't worry about the plug. If you used a p30, then you might want to.

·
Registered
96 hatch
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^ thank you... well i did some researching and the thermoswitch is suppose to activate the radiator fan when the collant temp reaches 98*. the thermoswitch on the a6 is on the block next to the oil pressure sensor. the y8 obviously doesn't have a themoswitch on the block, and i'm not sure if it has one at all, so basically what i need to know is what(where's the switch) on the y8 is suppose to activate the radiator fan. does it use some different device?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts