Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering what rods woould be good in my d series low comp turbo motor with vitara pistons. need something realiable on boost in daily driving conditions. dont want to break the bank! let me know whats on the market and is good

·
Registered
77 Posts
Got to bookmark that site !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, thoses rod's look pretty good, Would look even nicer in my d16z6 LOL

·
Registered
85 Posts
Rods are great. Using them in my Mini-me built for turbo right now. You will have to notch your block with the H AND the I-beams however. So be prepaired for that. Its easy...

Goodluck.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Speaking of rods, i was taking apart my spare motor that i just got from a friend and this is what i pulled out. Im going to use the TT Rods with some JE Pistons (low compression) All balanced as well.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I used Eagles with my vitaras.. Plug and play. The car was daily driven 24/7 and never gave me a single problem

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
fjt said:
yes...theyre basically an exact copy of Eagles
copy of the old style Eagles, but pretty much the same thing :TU:

i got a set of the TT i-beams which they no longer carry. a little bit lighter than the h-beams, but should still hold all the power ill ever throw at them

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
O 16581 72452 5 said:
Those are cheap!

I'm personally running Eagle H-beams, they're going for around $325 shipped if you want "name brand".
I like the word inexpensive much better than cheap...lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
BiG Chris said:
Actually the car was purchased with the motor with a slick ticking noise but it ran just fine.
yup i bought an engine that ran "fine" but smoked a lot...after i pulled out the engine & broke it apart, the #4 connecting rod was bent the same way. i looked at the piston sleeve & it shows a bit longer carbon build up than the rest...but it idled & drove fine. ofcourse now i'm going w/ full endyn pistons & eagle rods & will try boosting w/ a t3 .60/.63. i want a sleeper vette killer;) !!!

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
BiG Chris said:
Speaking of rods, i was taking apart my spare motor that i just got from a friend and this is what i pulled out. Im going to use the TT Rods with some JE Pistons (low compression) All balanced as well.
that setup is gonna be nice man, JE's and TT rods FTW!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts