Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gonna be building my jdm d15b for boost and i need to know what rods to use with vitara pistons. i've been told that LS rods will work and i know forged is the best way to go but im on a tight budget so i wanted to know if there was any truth to this and if so which motor is the LS?:donatello:

·
Registered
Same
324 Posts
the LS is the b18a and b18b... none vtec acura integra motors models 1990? and up. havnt a clue if they would work....but it would be right cool if they do.

ide still go forged if your gonna boost

vitara or eagle h beam...its popular because its proven

·
Registered
civic
237 Posts
im gonna be building my jdm d15b for boost and i need to know what rods to use with vitara pistons. i've been told that LS rods will work and i know forged is the best way to go but im on a tight budget so i wanted to know if there was any truth to this and if so which motor is the LS?:donatello:
I was reading that d15's have the same rod length as the b16a, I don't know if they are interchangeable though. I know of some people running LS rods in d16 motors.

·
Registered
181 Posts
hey if you got the jdm d15b vtec motor. then pm fjt he's a sponcer here. he sells custom length ibeam rod just for d15b/vitaras.

i just bought his combo for my d15b. they sit flush with the top of the block.
and u should not have to notch block. i did it anyways.

gl with the build

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it said that you have to remove some material from the piston but that was using d16a1 dome pistons to raise the CR

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
it said that you have to remove some material from the piston but that was using d16a1 dome pistons to raise the CR
if thats the case you would have to do the same with any oem D piston they all have the same wrist pin and the rods on the piston end are all the same

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im using vitaras though so they arnt d pistons so i shouldnt need to mod anything to get them to work. i just need to know if any one knows anything about this or knows the exact b series rods i need to use.

·
Registered
857 Posts
http://fjdistributors.com/product_info.php?cPath=58&products_id=271

Get them and be done with it. Doesn't matter if your on tight budget, that is very wise investment. If you don't have money for them, save some more or loan some.

Using B-series rods will require machine work, you need to narrow big end and re-bush the small end. All that done in machine shop will cost the difference between LS and FJ rods.

Well according to FJ these rods are 136.4mm long and std is 137mm, and you can get std length H-beam rods (that are lighter than these) for $250.. You just need to mill 0.6mm off from piston tops or use thicker HG to prevent piston hitting the head. I'd do it this way..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts