Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about to buy a jdm d15b i been serching for some rods i cantt seem to find any for this engine anyone have a link or sugestion for this also anyone know what is the length on them should i put the old rod bearings or get new ones the miles on the motor will be 10k-35k i guess what im tring to do is build the bottom end up so i can add a turbo and nitro on it any sugestions would be great thanks

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
i believe its the z6 rods that work. TT z6 rods and vitara pistons will yeild 9.18 compression. perfect for turbo, and can make some serious horsepower

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
i believe its the z6 rods that work. TT z6 rods and vitara pistons will yeild 9.18 compression. perfect for turbo, and can make some serious horsepower
i believe the stroke on a jdm D15B is shorter than the Z6..... but dont quote me on that

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im wanting somewhere in the neighborhood of 210-230 whp to give ya a better idea what im wanting from the engine and thanks again guys

·
Registered
725 Posts
Crower makes USDM d15b rods.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
yea vitaras and z6 rods work in the JDM d15b.

9.18 is just about the stock CR in the JDM d15b so its really not lowereing comp at all.

the JDM is though to have a shorted deck heigth then other motors nobody has confirmed/denied it.

speking of JDM d15b im gona go finish puthing mine in lol peace!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
should i use the old rod bearings since the motor has such low miles as long as i markem witch rod it came from? thanks guys soo much for all the replys this is my last question and ill let the thread die:hammer:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Use new bearings, the clearences probebly won't be right with the new rods and old bearings.

·
Registered
924 Posts
should i use the old rod bearings since the motor has such low miles as long as i markem witch rod it came from? thanks guys soo much for all the replys this is my last question and ill let the thread die:hammer:
Use new bearings. Crower rods have the bearing color codes on them.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok will do thanks guys soooo much for your help hope i can help you guys someday

1 - 15 of 15 Posts