Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as the title of my thread states... Im looking to buy a cb7 w/ h22a swap but its got a re-constructed title due to hitting a dear.

can someone explain where the title comes from, why it even exsists, and just what it means in general?

thanks a ton

·
Registered
735 Posts
a re-constructed title due to hitting a dear.
can someone explain where the title comes from, why it even exsists, and just what it means in general?
it means just that. it was reconstructed. the car was damaged beyond "cost worthy" repair. so it has most likely had frame damage and has been put back together, a lot. not all, but a lot of these are hacked back together cheapely and then resold. and have somthing to make it try and out weight the damage. hense the swap...

as car fax states it-

Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title — A Rebuilt/Reconstructed vehicle is a salvage vehicle that has been repaired and restored to operation. These vehicles are often severely damaged before they are rebuilt and refurbished parts are typically used during reconstruction. In most states, an inspection of the vehicle is required before the vehicle is allowed to return to the road.

i wouldnt buy it unless you know how to acuratly look it over or pay somone to look it over extremely well. and no matter what expect to fix somthing (small/big) but it will most likely need somthing.

not saying its a POS, just trying to worn you of what it could be. good luck!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
it means just that. it was reconstructed. the car was damaged beyond "cost worthy" repair. so it has most likely had frame damage and has been put back together, a lot. not all, but a lot of these are hacked back together cheapely and then resold. and have somthing to make it try and out weight the damage. hense the swap...

as car fax states it-

Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title — A Rebuilt/Reconstructed vehicle is a salvage vehicle that has been repaired and restored to operation. These vehicles are often severely damaged before they are rebuilt and refurbished parts are typically used during reconstruction. In most states, an inspection of the vehicle is required before the vehicle is allowed to return to the road.

i wouldnt buy it unless you know how to acuratly look it over or pay somone to look it over extremely well. and no matter what expect to fix somthing (small/big) but it will most likely need somthing.

not saying its a POS, just trying to worn you of what it could be. good luck!
i agree and disagree at the same time the info is correct but with the age of out cars and the lower blue book value most of these cars are not wrecked real bad when considered totaled. say you got a car that blue books for 3000 and you hit a deer well lets say it needs a hood,windsheild,fender,and headlight and turnsignal assembly so automaticly the insurance company will not spend more then 50-75 percent of the cars value more like 50 on older cars so you got 1500 to fix it and you got to take it to a certified body shop for an estimate so you got 300 for a windshield 200-250 for a hood 100 for a fender 75 for a headlight and 40 for a turnsignal so will say at least 700 in parts and then 300-400 in paint and supplies and about 600-800 in labor so your estimate is 1900 and its "totaled" but i could buy it from thr insurance company for 400 and got the the salvage yard and buy all the parts needed for 250 and buy the paint and supplies from an auto body supply shop for 200 and no labor and fix it in my drivway in a day and a half so theres 800 fixed including purchase price then rtitle fee 350 so you got 1150 in it and its ready to sell for 2500-3000 depending on mods yep quite a profit. i know all this cause i do it about 2-3 times a year its easy and you make a good profit for a little time and effort

·
Registered
735 Posts
i agree and disagree at the same time the info is correct but with the age of out cars and the lower blue book value most of these cars are not wrecked real bad when considered totaled.
thats all true aswell and a good point. the point i was mainly trying to stress was to have it looked over and make sure you know what your getting into. a rebuilt is not anything close to blue book price just fyi.

ive seen alot of customers come in and say they got a killer deal on there car. then get under the hood and find tons of stuff hacked together. after fixing all the odds and ends. its not such a good deal and couldve gotten somthing still nice and not wrecked/hacked together for the same amount.

not saying that it is, just be carful when you buy one.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
thats all true aswell and a good point. the point i was mainly trying to stress was to have it looked over and make sure you know what your getting into. a rebuilt is not anything close to blue book price just fyi.

ive seen alot of customers come in and say they got a killer deal on there car. then get under the hood and find tons of stuff hacked together. after fixing all the odds and ends. its not such a good deal and couldve gotten somthing still nice and not wrecked/hacked together for the same amount.

not saying that it is, just be carful when you buy one.
yes going over the car is very important so you know what was done and that it was done right request to see all reciepts cause inorder to even get a rebuild titled you got to have before and after pics and all recipts from every thing bought to do the job. and you can get every bid of blue book value out of a r-titled car if its done right and you show the buyer all documents pics recipts and im not saying this is for a stock car if you got a ej8 that has a gsr swap and has been lowered and wheels on it you can get every bit and sometimes more then blue book, but you got to have connections with insurance companys and body shops to let you know when one is going to be coming up that can possibly be bought that can be a money maker

1 - 6 of 6 Posts