Honda D Series Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,227 Posts
Like any build, keep it low boost and shoot for around 300whp. hen drive it like that for a while and iron out any and all bugs. The Haltech will help quite a lot, it is a good setup.

When you have some confidence in the car, its been running great, and it is not blowing out spark plugs left and right, take it in for a retune for some more jam jam.

High power FWD cars are a pain to deal with. Ease into it. It helps you build your car around the power. Knock out torque steer issues, take care of brakes, struts, bushings, etc.. as you run into walls.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Like any build, keep it low boost and shoot for around 300whp. hen drive it like that for a while and iron out any and all bugs. The Haltech will help quite a lot, it is a good setup.

When you have some confidence in the car, its been running great, and it is not blowing out spark plugs left and right, take it in for a retune for some more jam jam.

High power FWD cars are a pain to deal with. Ease into it. It helps you build your car around the power. Knock out torque steer issues, take care of brakes, struts, bushings, etc.. as you run into walls.
Thanks mate, best reply I’ve had so far! I’ve already told the tuning shop that i’m lowing the power goal to 320-350whp. I think that’s way more reasonable. If it only makes 300ish I’ll still be more than happy 😄

21 - 26 of 26 Posts